CLA/Knowledge Management Advisor
Position: CLA/ Knowledge Management Advisor USAID DELTA Project
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Period of Performance: 5 years
Project Description: IDG is seeking a CLA/ Knowledge Management Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Data, Evaluation, Learning, and Technical Assistance (DELTA) project in Senegal. The new DELTA design will Support the mission teams to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Senegal, produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation; Maintain a performance management system; and Support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points.
Position Description: The CLA/ Knowledge Management Advisor (KMA) will assist the Mission’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Coordinator in assembling, synthesizing and communicating information and analysis to Mission staff, IPs, and other Senegalese development partners.
- Develop resources to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge to improve USAID Senegal’s programs.
- Build capacity for adapting to new learning and changes in context through effective approaches.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement institutional learning activities relevant to the achievement
of USAID/Senegal’s CDCS goals and objectives, such as special studies, pauses and reflection activities, after action reviews, briefings, and communities of practices, learning events and/or seminars.
- Assist the Mission’s CLA Coordinator in strengthening systems and processes that promote and facilitate efficient learning and knowledge-sharing.
- Track best practices in knowledge management and adult learning to incorporate new or improved learning tools and approaches into the overall Mission’s CLA program.
- As assigned, gather and disseminate knowledge and information on best practices for high priority, cross-cutting Mission activities, such as human and institutional capacity development, youth development/empowerment and opportunity, and gender equality.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and other senior DELTA staff, assume a leadership role in identifying critical knowledge gaps and needs related to key strategic risks and assumptions identified in the Mission’s CDCS, including political dynamics and commitment in relation to Senegal’s development policies and goals.
- Lead program planning analysis and coordinate/oversee research, planning, higher level contextual analysis, and other investigations prioritized in the Mission’s CLA Agenda. This would further entail assisting USAID staff with planning future programs and activities.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, such as international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, statistics, business, public administration, development studies, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional work experience in institutional learning, research, analysis, knowledge management and communication.
- Strong background in analysis and evaluation of development assistance programs and experience in the application of statistical methods is desirable.
- Must have the ability to take initiative, work autonomously, and have strong inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy, and superior oral and written communication skills required.
- Bilingual French/English strongly preferred, but not required.
About the Organization
Company Description: International Development Group, LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.