Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a results-oriented Climate Change Adaptation and Planning Specialist to work on the Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) project on a consultancy in Madagascar focusing on the Mikajy and Hay Tao activities and other USAID/Madagascar initiatives.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) Activity helps governments, the private sector, and civil society make the business and economic case for investing in climate change mitigation and adaptation. In collaboration with USAID/Madagascar’s Hay Tao and Mikajy activities and staff of the Mission and USAID/Washington’s Global Climate Change and Economic Policy Offices, CEADIR will identify and assess local governance and private sector opportunities for adaptation to climate change (ACC) to support biodiversity and livelihoods.
As part of this initiative CEADIR will 1) identify and assess opportunities to integrate climate change adaptation in local governance, especially in HBV zones and 2) guide private sector investments in adaptation with benefits for both biodiversity and livelihoods.
- Task 1: Identify options for integrating adaptation to climate change into governance frameworks at the regional and local levels in high biodiversity value zones;
- Task 2: Conduct vulnerability assessments and other analyses related to the private sector at Mikajy activity sites;
- Task 3: Identify potential adaptation measures involving the private sector with co-benefits for biodiversity and livelihoods; and
- Task 4: Develop a roadmap for implementation of adaptation measures.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews, collect data, and develop findings and recommendations;
- Identify ways to mainstream climate change adaptation for biodiversity and livelihoods into local governance, planning, and decision-making processes and structures per Task 1;
- Provide input and conduct field work for the Task 2 vulnerability assessment in two high level biodiversity zones; and
- Provide support for Task 3 and 4 work related to the identification of adaptation measures and development of an implementation plan for select adaptation measures.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in climate change, preferably with USAID-funded activities;
- Preferably hold a Master’s degree in natural resources, environment, international development, or a related field;
- Demonstrated experience in climate change adaptation, vulnerability assessment, adaptation planning, biodiversity and conservation;
- Experience leading and implementing technical tasks related to climate change adaptation;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Exceptional written skills in English are required; and
- Specialist must be Madagascar-based (local candidates strongly encouraged to apply).
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in Madagascar.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in procurement, logistics, health systems strengthening, customs and trade facilitation and public financial management.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.