Have you got what it takes to lead a highly-skilled, international team of creatives and designers that are working on some of the most pressing development and health challenges of our time? Do you want the opportunity to use your talents to realise positive change in the lives of underserved communities? We are looking for an exceptional executive to drive the development of a globally unique, growth-oriented social impact company.
M4ID was founded with a bold ambition to meet the challenges of global development and health through creative problem solving and cross disciplinary collaboration. M4ID brings together creative and human centred design, digital and product innovation to develop new solutions to complex development and health challenges. We serve leading international partners, and implement projects worldwide. M4ID has been growing rapidly and we are now seeking an exceptional Co-CEO to lead us in realising social change at scale.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
As Co-CEO, you will have prime responsibility for the leading management team and its outstanding team of designers, creatives, and researchers and for scaling and internationalising M4ID’s operations. The Co-CEO’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading the management team to realise M4ID’s world changing potential
- Continuing the growth and development of our remarkable, talented, dedicated employees
- Ensuring the profitability and financial sustainability of M4ID in balance with its social impact mission
- Leading execution of M4ID’s plans for growth and the internationalisation of its operations
- Promoting creativity, quality and efficiency throughout M4IDs service offering.
- Developing the core operational systems of the company, including financial management, work environment, human resources, IT systems.
You will work closely with the current CEO and co-founder, who will move into a Co-CEO role to focus on leading the development of new social impact assignments, managing strategic partnerships, representing M4ID in the global development and health community, strategy development, implementation of M4ID’s own social change projects and evaluating delivery of its social mission.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced executive with excellent leadership capabilities and operational experience. You will have experience in successfully leading growth and internationalisation. You will be ambitious, results-oriented and brilliant in business strategy execution. Qualifications for this job include:
- Passion for M4ID’s social mission and vision.
- Strong business acumen.
- Minimum of 5 years executive and management experience gained in a high-growth organisation.
- A track record of leading high performance teams
- Experience in, preferably more that one of, the following fields: international development, global health, social impact businesses, technology and innovation, service design, creative communications, working in low resource settings.
- Proven track record of executing business strategy and leading organisational change.
- Excellent creative problem solving skills including negotiation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A love of doing things for the first time
- Good humour
- Advanced degree from a leading university
- Tact and diplomacy
- Enthusiasm for international travel.
The position is open-ended and based in Helsinki, Finland.
Please send a CV or a LinkedIn profile, and a short and inspirational cover letter, to email@example.com before 15th January 2017 using “Co-CEO” in the Email subject.
About the Organization
M4ID was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with a bold ambition to advance the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross disciplinary collaboration. M4ID brings together creative communication, human centred design, and product innovation with development and health expertise. We serve leading international health and development partners and implement projects together with civil society groups, UN agencies, NGOs, academia, health facilities and Foundations across Asia, Africa, Americas and Europe. M4ID also independently addresses innovation gaps in health and development, with a special focus on developing solutions to improve the wellbeing of women and children in low resource settings.