SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Collaboration, Learning and Knowledge Management Specialist (CLKM)
Category: Full Time Employment
Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti
USAID has launched a Water and Sanitation Project to support the scaling of sustainable services in Haiti. The overarching objective of the USAID Water and Sanitation Project is to increase access to water and sanitation services in Haiti through an approach that builds sustainability of service delivery. The project is implemented by Development Alternative Inc (DAI). The main base is in Cap-Haitian with a regional office in Port-au-Prince.
The USAID Water and Sanitation Project is organized in three mutually reinforcing components to support its objectives:
Component 1. Increased access to sustainable water supply services
Component 2. Increased access to sustainable sanitation services
Component 3. Strengthened enabling environment for sustainable delivery, operation and maintenance of Water and Sanitation services
In addition to these components, there is the Acceleration Fund (EAF), which is designed to stimulate the market and promote innovative and sustainable water and sanitation services.
As a subcontractor, Ayiti Nexus will provide key staff, offer strategic guidance on communications, monitoring, evaluation and knowledge, collaboration and learning. Ayiti Nexus will work with the DAI team to facilitate the development of new skills, partnerships, resources, and knowledge within the sector—while strengthening the underlying systems so the improvements are sustained.
The CLKM Specialist is responsible for implementing traditional and digital communication and learning approaches to develop innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge, leverage good practices, and improve the effective implementation of the Water and Sanitation project. While the CLKM Specialist will be responsible for implementing a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information across the project, the CLC Advisor will develop the conceptual framework and methodology to strengthen integration of knowledge generation, communication and learning for improved WATSAN programming. Specifically, the CLKM Specialist will be responsible for the establishment of collaborative networks, implementation of cross learning events and knowledge management, as needed by the WATSAN project. The CLKM Specialist will follow and adapt the communications and knowledge management plan to support the Water and Sanitation Project goals by conducting evidence-based programming. The CLKM Specialist will work in close collaboration with the CLC Advisor and receive punctual support as the CLKM Specialist capacity to function independently increases. The CLC will generate communication and knowledge management and sharing products (reports, policy briefs, success stories, lessons learnt etc.) and work across all program teams to promote application of lessons learned and best practices experiences to advance implementation of the WATSAN project. The CLKM Specialist is expected to liaise with monitoring and evaluation staff; technical; and communications staff to support the development of collaboration products. S/he will contribute to resources by preparing best practices and capturing collaboration and learning practices through written stories and other mediums; ensure effectiveness of collaboration and learning and communications programs and activities by analyzing activities, monitoring their use, and measuring their impact; and build staff and organizational capacity on collaboration and learning. It is expected that the CLKM Specialist will participate in organization efforts to strengthen capacity around collaboration and learning, including participation in organizational working groups, communities of practices, and other forums. This dynamic individual will need to stay up to date on current trends about collaboration methods, tools, trends and leading knowledge transfer and exchange methods and practices.
- Lead knowledge management, learning and collaboration activities.
- Facilitate and institutionalize learning in the project, including identifying knowledge gaps and developing learning activities to inform and improve programming.
- Contribute to knowledge products including technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates/newsletters, brochures, presentations, videos, posters, social media content.
- Generate, review and disseminate knowledge management and learning products such as case studies, success stories, blogs, etc.
- Develop mechanisms for sharing knowledge among project staff and with local stakeholders.
- Lead annual technical knowledge sharing events, document and share best practice and lessons learned.
- Support the program’s communication strategy by identifying communications opportunities, defining messaging, and planning and supervising communications actions.
- Extensive experience in the field of Communication for Development and Knowledge Management, and/or Capacity Development preferably in an international development organization with a proven track record of successfully delivering Communications, Learning and Collaboration strategies.
- Proven ability to build and maintain close and constructive working relationships with peers, management and staff in defining and fulfilling knowledge needs.
- A team player, ability to multitask and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Advanced degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Development Studies, or any relevant Social Science studies.
- Required 5 (at least) years of experience in leadership in social and developmental (desirable) communications, learning, research, change management, social media management
- Strong capacity to adapt to a variety of communication and knowledge management approaches and technologies and experienced in designing and implementing impactful events and deliverables.
- Successful planning, facilitation, and management of events including stakeholder/audience consultation workshops, materials/product pre-testing activities, focus groups, meetings, conferences, and program launches.
- Excellent capacity to focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning.
- Excellent capacity to promote civic involvement and engagement, and integrated solutions that build stakeholders capacity and autonomy.
- Demonstrated familiarity with state institutions – especially relevant and stakeholder of the water and sanitation sectors.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and oral presentation skills and Confidant ability to execute these communications in fluent Creole, French, or English
- Availability for frequent travel in all the targets area of the project.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with « CH035 – CLKM Specialist» in the subject line.