We have an opportunity for a pricing, commercial and tender expert to join our team and contribute to the continued growth of our pipeline of Positive Impact projects.
The Commercial Bid Manager will manage the financial side of our tender submissions, leading on cost modelling, value for money advice and providing capacity building support to our wider business development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of contributing to winning proposals with large complex clients, particularly within the public sector arena.
The role will be responsible for guiding the development of budgets for new business proposals, reviewing budgets for accuracy, creating budget narratives, researching cost information and responding to financial requests as needed.
* Manage the development of budgets and commercial proposals for new business opportunities.
* Coordinate and evaluate pricing inputs (partners, program expense, labour, and other sources)
* Lead budget negotiations with partners and clients.
* Conduct Value for Money analyses and create cost effectiveness narratives
* Research salary rates, equipment costs, exchange rates, office costs, and various costs and expenses that are used in the development of a financial proposal.
* Ensure compliance with government and client contracting regulations.
* Assist in timely completion of effective business proposals.
* Assess solicitation requirements and development of compliance checklists.
* Create and modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements.
* Create dashboards and key financial indicators for management presentation.
* Degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field, advanced degree preferred.
* Extensive experience in project and business financial planning/management for professional services organizations.
* Some experience in business development at international development organizations would be an advantage
Key competencies required
* Strong organizational and time management skills for managing and coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Advanced ability in developing project financial models, budgeting and forecasting tools
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Proven ability to convey financial concepts to non-financial member of staff (training, coaching, tool development)
* Ability to operate autonomously with minimal direction.
* Ability to build collaborative working relationships with staff across multiple disciplines.
* High standard of written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel
* Understanding of international assistance funding, contract structures, pricing, and program delivery preferred.
* Experience working with of donor organizations including USAID, DFID, and DFAT would be ideal
Location(s): England - London - London
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.