PRB is seeking a Communications and Graphics Associate to join our International Programs Department and support communication activities on the MOMENTUM (60-plus percent) and PACE projects. The Communications & Graphics Associate will be responsible for designing and producing project materials and increasing the visibility of the project by designing the materials needed to reach target audiences. Primary audiences will include global partners, donors, and stakeholders working in maternal and child health, family planning, and reproductive health programs as well as U.S., national, and sub-national program managers and policymakers.
- Works with researchers, policy analysts, and senior designer to understand the purpose of the desired content, determine the type of products being made, and develop timelines.
- Designs visual content for the MOMENTUM, PACE, or PRB websites, social media, email campaigns, and other dissemination outlets to promote products, generate media interest, and contribute to business development efforts.
- Prepares final layout of presentations, reports, briefs, factsheets, and social media campaigns using project templates.
- Supports design for email marketing and other online dissemination techniques, ensuring consistency across all formats and creating informative, eye-catching graphics to accompany email, social media, and other online efforts.
- Supports the Senior Director for Strategic Communication for the MOMENTUM project and the PACE Project Director to execute a strategy to creatively reach target audiences with stories, including traditional and social media. This includes identifying formats and products tailored to different audiences.
- Ensures compliance with current regulations and branding requirements.
- Designs and coordinates the production of semi-annual reports, annual reports, work plans, and results reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and at least 2 years of communications and/or design experience.
- Understanding of visual presentation principles for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Ability to build email templates in MailChimp and social media templates in Adobe Spark, or similar programs.
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint skills required. Knowledge of website design/management a plus.
- Experience in data visualization for print and online desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid understanding of design principles as they relate to typography, layout, and color.
- Ability to follow branding guidelines at the organization, program, and project levels.
- Knowledge of user experience best practices a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain organized design files, version control, and folder structures.
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, especially when working with numbers.
- Strong interpersonal and people-oriented skills.
- Ability to deftly manage feedback from multiple stakeholders along the production process.
- Interest in social/demographic policy issues also a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
Please remember to upload your resume and cover letter and include a link to your portfolio. Only finalists will be contacted. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications without a cover letter or portfolio will not be considered.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About the Organization
The Population Reference Bureau informs people around the world about population, health, and the environment, and empowers them to use that information to advance the well-being of current and future generations. Inform. PRB analyzes complex demographic data and research to provide the most objective, accurate, and up-to-date population information in a format that is easily understood by advocates, journalists, and decision makers alike. Empower. Our commitment to putting information into action sets us apart. PRB builds coalitions and conducts workshops around the world to give our key audiences the tools they need to understand and communicate effectively about population issues. Advance. PRB works to ensure that policymakers in developing countries and in the United States rely on sound evidence, rather than anecdotal or outdated information, when creating population, health, and environmental policies.