About the project
The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) is a partnership between the Governments of Australia and Indonesia that aims to increase national health security in Indonesia, thereby contributing to Australian, regional and global health security as well as supporting sustainable economic development and food security in Indonesia.
About the role
The role will be primarily responsible ensuring that AIHSP’s external communications with a range of stakeholders and audiences (DFAT, the wider development community, partners and the Government of Indonesia) are of a high quality and delivered in a timely manner.
The Communications and Public Diplomacy Adviser will develop the communications strategy for the program, using creative ways to package and communicate knowledge produced by AIHSP and ensuring consistency and clarity of key program messages across a diverse range of stakeholders.
This role will also:
- Develop a Program-wide Communications Strategy and Action Plan for AIHSP.
- Determine key communications products and effectively promote AIHSP, share sectoral knowledge, and support engagement for influencing policy dialogue.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues and the Team Leader to produce and quality assure AIHSP deliverables, communications and knowledge products for publication and dissemination across various platforms and for various target audiences.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and DFAT to maintain a fresh, interesting and responsive social media presence, including through the Australian High Commissions media platforms.
- Build good relations with public media, in support of AIHSP’s objectives.
- Develop and manage communication tools such as updating the website, newsletters, films, preparing annual reports, brochures (in collaboration with external partners), prepare press kits, etc.
- Ensure consistency of all AIHSP publications with DFAT branding guidelines.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/5284/tor-communication-and-public-diplomacy-adviser.pdf;
You will be a motivated and creative communications specialist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in the field of communications, public information, marketing, journalism or similar field from a recognised university.
- A minimum 7 years of professional working experience and proven track record in the implementing creative and successful media strategies, strategic communication, and/or public relations roles.
- Experience working with aid/donor programs, preferably DFAT-funded programs.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, including media monitoring and identifying media opportunities and risks, the ability to exercise discretion and judgment, and the ability to initiate prompt action in matters involving sensitive and complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia, including experience in preparing speeches, briefing notes, dissemination of information (printed and electronic media).
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a complex cross-cultural operating team environment, and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, from senior government officials and international development partners to media networks.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a diverse, fast-paced environment, and proven ability to deliver high quality outputs on time and on budget.
- Availability for an immediate start.
- This position is open to Indonesian nationals only.
Why join AIHSP?
AIHSP offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining AIHSP, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter with 3 referees by 18th February 2020.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.