Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of Communications Assistant on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Communications Assistant will provide critical project implementation support and play a vital role in our communications efforts on the project, including writing, editing, and creating presentations. S/he will contribute to data visualization, social media, report writing, and other communications tasks, and provide general administrative support to the project team.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the Senior Communications & Engagement Lead.
- Support content creation (e.g. preliminary writing, editing, and formatting) for key USAID communications products including: blog posts, website text, feature articles, talking points, briefers, presentations, reports, success stories, case studies, social media, infographics, slide decks and other data visualization products.
- Support scheduling and logistics for PEPSE communications, community of practice, and knowledge management teams — event staffing/support, making travel arrangements, recording meeting notes, facilitation of logistics for project events and meetings, etc.
- Update internal/external website(s), social media postings, and other key informational materials, to support online presence of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement content and maintain easy access to PSE knowledge products.
- Support timely completion of USAID communications clearance processes for all communications products.
- Manage the project’s electronic records (spreadsheet trackers, editorial calendar, electronic files, etc.) and organization/maintenance of electronic library/database.
- Conduct basic research as requested and needed to inform updating of PSE products, events and/or strategy.
- Support the USAID PSE Community of Practice, which engages USAID PSE staff Agency-wide.
- Support planning, logistics and management of public events and internal forums.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with relevant vendors, consultants or other external stakeholders: printers, caterers, event speakers, corporate liaisons, CoP stakeholders.
- Other duties upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, strong attention to detail and ability to edit technical documents.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) Google Suite products and OSX applications, social media outlets, etc. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Outstanding ability to create effective presentations, visualization of data, and convey concepts visually.
- Understanding of and demonstrated passion for international development.
- Experience working with USAID a plus; understanding of internal clearance processes highly desirable.
- Familiarity with private sector engagement in a development context, and with best practices in PSE, highly desirable
- Graphic design skills or prior publications experience a plus.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred).
- Eligibility to work in US.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Assistant” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.