Abt Associates seeks a qualified Publications Manager to aid in the production and dissemination of the SHOPS Plus project’s publications by managing the production process and developing and executing outreach activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the publications process from the time the draft manuscript is received from the author through production and dissemination.
- Manage the production of multiple publications simultaneously.
- Liaise with editors and graphic designers, managing relationships with vendors.
- Ensure that all publications go through a centralized quality content review and approval process.
- Provide quality content review and editing of communications materials to ensure currency and accuracy.
- Create and execute dissemination strategies for publications that include social media. Identify outlets and manage distribution lists to ensure exposure to appropriate audience members. Coordinate the distribution of publications to internal employees, clients, potential clients, partners, and competitors.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of these efforts.
- Conduct communications and outreach activities as needed.
- Excellent English writing and editing ability
- Project management skills
- Vendor relations capabilities
- Content management system experience
- Chicago Manual of Style familiarity
- BA (3 – 5) years of experience or MA/MBA (entry level) years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.