FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Community Engagement Advisor for an anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity.
The Community Engagement Advisor will be will serve as the community focal point for the project and provide support to project teams at district and site level, liaising with partners and local organizations to ensure community mobilization and community engagement activities are strengthened in order to ensure access to quality HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services in the assigned provinces.
**The position shall be based out of Yangon, Burma. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Liaise Coordinate community HIV/TB activities working with the Provincial health team and other implementing partners at provincial and district level.
- Provide leadership to proactively engage community leadership who are key to provide guidance and support for achievement of the deliverables for HIV/TB care and treatment
- Provide mentorship in community level HIV/TB prevention, case identification and oversee linkage of HIV and TB patients to care and treatment services from community to facility
- Lead engagement with and capacity development of stakeholders (e.g. consortium members, grantee organizations, key population community members, etc);
- Lead the development and implementation of community engagement initiatives across all activity components;
- Partner with other technical staff and local program support teams as need to support the design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of community-engagement strategies;
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of programmatic trends and literature in key technical areas and approaches which could include Social and Behavior Change, Information, Education Communications, etc;
- Degree in public health, social work, development studies or related field. Master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in working on community engagement, mobilization, advocacy or related activities in public health programs
- Demonstrated ability to be able to effectively work with vulnerable populations and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management regulations; and
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.