IREX seeks qualified Community Engagement and School Networks Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded comprehensive teacher training program in Liberia to improve early childhood education and primary education teachers’ quality and instructional delivery. The Community Engagement and School Networks Manager will support an improved enabling environment for teacher aspirants by assisting higher education institutions to partner with a network of demonstration schools and engaging parents and communities to increase their commitment to their children’s education.
Only citizens of Liberia or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and strategic vision for activities that will improve the enabling environment for quality teaching in target counties: Lofa, Grand Bassa, Montserrado, Bong, Margibi, and or Nimba
- Guide the selection process of demonstration schools in target counties with higher education institutions and nurture close relationships between selected demonstration schools and higher education institutions
- Facilitate networking between demonstration schools within a county and amongst selected schools across all target counties to enable sharing of lessons learned and good practices
- Develop, lead, and provide technical guidance to activities aimed at increasing parents, caregivers, and communities support of children’s education at the early childhood education (ECE) and primary levels
- Provide technical assistance to partner organizations and support other program activities as appropriate to ensure complementarity and effectiveness across program implementation
- Support administration of grants under contract to increase engagement of parents and communities in their children’s education and the work of teacher-aspirants receiving training
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts to ensure that activities aimed at strengthening community engagement and the establishment of a functional demonstration school network are on track and progressing towards desired results
- Represent the program publicly and develop relationships at the community level in each county
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Liberian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience including at least five (5) years of community engagement experience in Liberia, ideally in the education sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results in working with parents, caregivers, community or civil society organizations, schools, teachers, and higher education institutions to build capacity and improve performance in the education sector
- Knowledge of ECE and early primary education opportunities and challenges in Liberia, familiarity with pre-service education landscape desired
- Experience with international donor-funded development projects in Liberia
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, relationship building skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with team members, partner organizations, and various education sector stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment to adhere to strict deadlines
- Preference for candidates with experience in one or more of the following: community small grants programs, school infrastructure improvement, school feeding/supplemental nutrition programs, public awareness/behavior change communications
- Preference for candidates with prior work experience and existing community relationships in Lofa, Grand Bassa, Montserrado, Bong, Margibi, and or Nimba
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o7GIdfws&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and salary range expectations.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.