Community Policing Communications Expert
Consultant will provide community policing communications expertise and guidance to the program and local partners including communications strategies, materials and training.
Estimated period of performance: 1 February – 30 June 2019
Estimated Level of Effort: Not to exceed 40 days. The consultant might be required to take up to two trips to Berlin, Germany for program meetings of up to one week each. Creative will pay for airfare, the consultant will be responsible for all other travel costs and should include them in the proposed budget.
Estimated total cost: $20,000 to $27,000
The Consultant will support a pilot project in the Middle East whose goal is to encourage and support civilian oversight of internal security. At the same time, the project aims to build accountability of internal security services to citizens. The project aims to establish a skilled, capacitated community police force, which will result in better security, reduced friction between residents and security forces, and therefore less space for malign actors in a post-conflict setting. The consultant will provide community policing communications expertise and guidance and develop a draft communications strategy/approach.
2. TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Develop a draft communications strategy/approach;
- The consultant, in close coordination with the program team, will be tasked with developing a targeted communications strategy focused on enabling local partners to effectively communicate the overall goals and objectives of the program with local stakeholders
- Flowing from the identified strategy the consultant will help the program team develop training and communication materials to build capacity of the local partners to deliver the key program messages; help local partners effectively define their role and responsibilities in the community and communicate about what services they can (and cannot) deliver
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support to program staff in the integration of communications and awareness campaigns into selected program activities.
3. RESULTS AND/OR DELIVERABLES
- Communications strategy
- Technical advice to project staff in community engagement activities
- Communications plans including basic training for local partners to enable them to deliver effective awareness and information campaigns focused on selected safety and security issues
4. OTHER MATTERS
The consultant will report to Chief of Party Martha Myers, Corporate Monitor.
To apply visit the following link and follow the instructions for Solicitation Number: CRFQ-HQ-0097 https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=107a8a7a2d5a45a3bf990cfcbada1cd0
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.