Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium is committed to improving economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Project & Role
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative implemented by Palladium in five countries. MDF utilises a market systems development (MSD) approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth.
MDF aims to be an attractive employer that hires, invests in, pay market competitive compensation package and retains talented professionals to both deliver on MDF’s objectives and grow the pool of experienced talent in market systems development.
MDF is seeking to engage a specialized company to conduct a compensation and benefits study across comparator / competitors in the market in all five MDF countries and establishing a recommended MDF Compensation and Rewards policy and structure, which is equitable and in line with local legislation and markets in each country.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
* Undertake a comprehensive Job Analysis and Job Evaluation of MDF job titles to ensure alignment of remuneration, grade level
* Undertake a review to ensure that the roles and responsibilities of staff are clear and well-defined.
* Develop occupational job profiles and job descriptions for key roles across the facility and across country programs
* Provide notes on recommended changes to organisational structure at facility and country level, for discussion
* Obtain / utilize available market surveys of comparator / competitor organizations (corporate/ private sector - businesses and International Development Sector - INGOs, Development Projects) for the purpose of matching job descriptions / profiles and thereby comparing the current salary and benefits package with MDF.
* Determine the basic salary and any benefits / entitlements / allowances offered by comparator over and above the basic salary
* Undertake a review of local legislation in each country related to salaries, benefits and entitlements
* Develop a recommended MDF Compensation and Rewards policy and structure for each MDF country and central level.
* Provide recommendations on how to maintain the MDF Compensation and Rewards Policy and structure in line with the market over a 4 year period.
* Provide recommendations on mechanisms for transitioning to the new pay structure that ensure minimum disruption/ uncertainty and avoids major (short-term) adverse impacts on individuals
* Recommended organisational structure at Facility and country levels
* Clear, well defined job descriptions / profiles for key roles across the organisation
* A consolidated report detailing the process, findings, and recommendations for MDF Core Leadership Team with stand-alone country reports providing recommended MDF Compensation and Rewards policy and structure for each MDF country and the Central Operations Hub detailing proposed salary scale and benefits / entitlements showing how this fits with the comparisons with comparator / competitor in the market. Along with recommendations for how to manage policy / structure moving forward.
* All relevant information and comparisons should be submitted along with final report
* The consolidated report should not exceed 20 pages. Any additional information should be annexed. It would good if facts and information can be presented graphically.
The consulting firm must fulfill following eligibility criteria:
* Must be a registered organization under a legal framework
* Must have minimum five years of experience in providing consultancy services in the field of similar kind of survey in the relevant sector.
* Must have successfully completed at least five consultancy assignments of similar nature in the last three years
* Evidence that the firm can access appropriate salary, compensation and benefit surveys in all five MDF countries
* Must have requisite number of HR professionals with relevant experience and qualification to undertake this work.
The consulting firm must submit in their proposal the following information:
* A brief description of the organization including ownership details, date and place of incorporation of the firm, objectives of the firm, details of assignments undertaken, etc.
* Completion certificates from the employer in last three years.
* CVs of key personnel who will work on this assignment.
* Full costings for the assignment, inclusive of remuneration and any additional expenses.
* A workplan outlining deliverables.
The timeframe for this assignment is based on the time from signing the contract with the selected firm, and it is anticipated that the gathering of information can be done in parallel. After the organization has been selected and contracted by Palladium a draft report should be submitted within 6 weeks and a final report within 8 weeks. The work needs to be completed by mid-August 2018. MDF has created a draft timeline.
For further information on this and what is expected in the deliverables, or if there are any other queries, please contact Cate Everitt at Cate.Everitt@thepalladiumgroup.com
Location: Australia - Australian Capital Territory - Canberra
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.