Particip is looking for an experienced Compensation Structure Specialist.
The objective of the assignment is to carry out a combination of field work on and diagnostic analysis of Public Service pay and grading trends and living standard assessment in Somalia and propose solutions that will provide adequate incentive for improved performance of civil servants and also enable efficient and effective management of public government’s wage bill as aligned to national strategies and development aspirations to promote sustainable growth. The development of pay and grading structure will be a companied by in-depth field exercises of conducting job evaluations of the Public Service.
- Develop a sustainable pay and benefits system that will attract, retain and motivate staff and compare civil service internal pay and benefits with external market in East Africa and other countries including countries with development characteristics similar to that of Somalia;
- Provide direction and support in the formulation and management of compensation structures to ensure internal consistency and competitiveness with the private sector, regional and international trends;
- Correlate salary and benefits information to match positions, determine salary levels for various positions and job groups, and show total cost of employment for the positions;
- Construct the salary scale describing benchmark jobs while balancing between specificity of job descriptions and generalize-ability of the job for matching by grouping relevant job positions into job families based on (1) Similarity of functions, and (2) Hierarchy within job family – working closely with the organizational development expert.
- At least a Master’s Degree in HRM, public administration, Financial Management or relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the areas of pay and grading with expertise in developing compensation structures.
- International experience in human resources management particularly in the areas of pay and grading.
- Working experience in fragile and conflict affected countries with similar development characteristics.
- Experience in Somalia would be an advantage.
We look forward to your application. Please note that only suitable candidates that meet the minimum criteria will be contact.
About the Organization
Particip is an international consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. We coordinate interdisciplinary, multi-national teams for short and long term assignments worldwide supporting them with methodological know-how and expertise gained in over 1,800 projects. For further information please visit our website on www.particip.de