Job Title: Compliance Manager
Reports to: Practice Leader Good Governance
Department: DAI Human Dynamics
Location: Belgrade (Serbia), Ankara (Turkey), Sofia (Bulgaria), Brussels (Belgium)
Date: 26th July 2020
DAI Human Dynamics is seeking a Compliance Manager to join our busy Business Development Team. This will be a full-time, permanent role. This role can be based in Belgrade (Serbia), Ankara (Turkey), Sofia (Bulgaria) or Brussels (Belgium). Please state your preferred location in the cover letter at the time of application to become part of the thriving DAI Human Dynamics business.
In order to ensure a thorough assessment of the applicant’s background please include the following information on the cover letter and submit by the deadline of Sunday 26th July 2020:
- Please provide your preferred location, eligibility to work in your preferred location and salary expectations (gross yearly salary) on the cover letter at the time of application submission
- Please upload a current CV at the time of applying for the role
The Compliance Manager will assist the Director of Compliance on legal and contractual matters pertaining to management of contracts. They will be responsible for ensuring that we adhere to compliance requirements and respond to clarification requests for the Business Development Department.
- Responding to all clarification requests related to Expression of Interest requests and Tenders (in cooperation with the Bid Managers)
- Conduct compliance related research on PRAG and other procurement documents
- Liaise with Recruitment Manager on requests related to clarifications on expert CVs
- Preparation of all contractual documentation (pre-bid, bidding and consortium agreements, letters of intent, services agreements for experts)
- Preparation of award documents and on-time submission
- Follow-up of client service contracts until handover
- Updating all HD, DAI Brussels and future DAI Belgium and Austria legal documents for tenders
- Provide advice and support on PRAG and compliance issues for Implementation Department upon request
- Supporting activities relating to external compliance processes
- Provide training to staff on compliance procedures
The ideal candidate would demonstrate following skills:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English language
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills — able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of procurement processes would be desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively in French would be desirable
DAI offers a generous benefits package and there are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated! Should you be interested, please apply for this role on our website via the link provided below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. This job description details the key elements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. Job roles evolve over time and job-holders may be required to complete additional tasks in line with business needs.
You will be pleased to know that we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards and that we are working with our clients to reduce the opportunity for people who are known to have breached ethical standards to work in our field. Any staff and/or consultant contract with DAI, therefore, will be subject to satisfactory reference checking and vetting
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.