Burma: Economic Restructuring Activity
Component 1: Economic Capacity Building Technical Lead
AECOM International Development is seeking an Economic Capacity Building Technical Lead for the anticipated USAID Economic Restructuring Activity in Burma. The anticipated Activity will aim to advance reforms that support the political and economic transformation of the country towards a modern and market-based economy that generates prosperity and builds political support for further democratic reform. This will be accomplished through the following four intervention areas:
- Capacity to manage economic reforms increased
- High priority economic reforms facilitated
- Improved financial system
- Economic reforms effectively communicated
The Economic Capacity Building Technical Lead will be responsible for engaging government and key institution stakeholders and managing training and outreach programs in order to build capacity for the advancement of economic reform efforts.
- Overseeing the creation, organization and implementation of training programs to mentor government staff, including an emphasis on IT capabilities.
- Development and organization of a strong network of imbedded advisors within government offices
- Organization of a US-based study abroad scholarship program for current or future government staff
- Lead the facilitation of research and dialogue on economic reform in government and key stakeholder settings, focusing specifically on the reduction of import licensing and repealing of internal restriction on the movement of agricultural commodities
- Manage efforts to provide government offices with the tools to accomplish reform such as computers, websites and software.
- Leads efforts to develop capacity of local and national media to inform the public of economic growth and restructuring efforts that have been accomplished, are ongoing, and planned for the future
- Works closely with the monitoring and evaluation component lead to effectively utilize monitoring and follow-up systems, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject Economics, Political Science, Governance, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience working for or closely with public institutions in Burma
- Experience working on USAID funded projects highly preferred
- Experience managing grants and evaluating grantee organizations
- Experience managing, organizing and implementing training in the specified technical area
- Experience and knowledge of IT platforms and systems implementation highly desirable
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Burmese highly preferred
About the OrganizationAECOM International Development is a global economic and infrastructure development firm promoting higher living standards in emerging markets, through the provision of high-quality technical advisory services to governments and the private sector.
AECOM is a member of the 32,000-strong AECOM family. This allows us to tap into a wide network of professional technical and management support service expertise. In return, we provide AECOM with fresh perspectives and opportunities in the area of international development. This partnership has expanded our project base while further improving the quality of our services.
AECOM serves as the focal point for AECOM’s sustainable development services in the fast-growing emerging markets sector, providing support services to United States government agencies, multi- and bilateral donors, and private sector clients worldwide. AECOM currently has more than 400 professionals in 60 countries working in economic growth, environment and regional development, industrial and commercial area development, democracy and governance, humanitarian response and stabilization, and infrastructure and facilities.
AECOM was formed by the combination of PADCO, a Washington, DC-based AECOM subsidiary, and TSG, an Arlington, Virginia, international development services firm. AECOM International Development offers clients a broad array of technical expertise and access to the global knowledge and local networks of AECOM’s worldwide operations of 32,000 employees and annual revenues in excess of $4.2 billion.
AECOM will draw on global excellence in a wide range of business areas, including AECOM’s renowned environment, transportation, and engineering practices, and will continue to deliver the high-quality results that reflect the proud histories of both PADCO and TSG.