About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
Position: Consultant Performance Monitoring and Improvement Advisor
Position Location: Malawi
Travel Requirements: Domestic travel only
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
Summary of Job
ASAP is seeking qualified applicants for a Consultant Performance Monitoring and Improvement Advisor position, S/he will be responsible for the overall leadership and technical guidance in providing capacity-building support to USAID Zomba G2G project performance monitoring and improvement and delivery of results and quality. S/he will develop standard templates and reporting guidelines to support Zomba G2G program in meeting USAID requirements and expectations. S/he will also work closely and coordinate with LGAP in providing TA to local organizations to avoid duplication of resources and effort.
Scope of Work
Specifically, the Consultant Performance Monitoring and Improvement Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Design and establish a project monitoring and evaluation system, including defining project indicators and sources of data and developing the project performance monitoring plan
· Develop Capacity Development Plan (CDP) for Zomba; provide on-site TA as indicated in the CDP, and monitor the progress of CDP
· Conducting a rapid assessment to understand Zomba’s current M&E capacity
· Developing an M&E strengthening plan including identifying process and outcome indicators.
· Developing QA/QI processes and supportive supervision tools to strengthen the M&E team
· Implement capacity-building activities to increase the ability of key Zomba staff to identify, collect, analyze and report on high-quality data in support of the program’s indicators
· Training the M&E teams on PEPFAR reporting requirements including High-Frequency Reporting (HFR) and quarterly progress reporting in DATIM and MER indicators.
· Conduct other duties as requested by USAID and ASAP.
Minimum Qualifications/Experience Requirements
· Minimum of a master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or another health-related field
· 10+ years of experience monitoring health or HIV specific programs, particularly designing M&E plans for G2G programs in Africa
· Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
· Minimum of 10 years’ practical experience setting up and managing project monitoring and evaluation plans and systems, for USAID-supported projects preferred
· Substantial experience in building the capacity of government and/or local partner staff in data collection, analysis and/or use
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy
· Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills
· Willingness to travel within the country as needed
· Oral and written English language required, additional knowledge of recognized local languages preferred
· Malawi and African professionals are encouraged to apply