You are interested in covering the whole project cycle, from acquisition of new donor-funded projects to negotiations and technical/ financial backstopping of ongoing projects? Moreover, you like to travel worldwide for fact-finding, backstopping and short-term missions?
We are currently searching for a consultant/ project manager (m/f/d) with specialisation in transport (engineering) to start as soon as possible in our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt/Main), Germany.
Your tasks in brief:
- Tracking of projects/ early intelligence, research of background information;
- Contact to/ networking with donors, clients, partners, and experts;
- Management and coordination of the acquisition process incl. preparation of Expressions of Interest (EoI) and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals; and
- Organisation and lead of fact-finding missions to the recipient countries.
- Management of projects from a technical and financial point of view;
- Coordination and supervision of transport and/or infrastructure projects;
- Review and preparation of reports;
- Technical, administrative, and logistical support for the project team on site; and
- Donor, client, partner, and expert management.
- Missions abroad (short- and medium-term) in international transport and/or infrastructure projects.
- Relevant academic degree (master), preferably in a relevant field, such as transport planning, transport engineering, civil engineering, or similar;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the transport sector, ideally in the consulting business as project manager for corresponding projects;
- Proven experience in the acquisition and management of transport projects;
- Knowledge of donor procedures and requirements, especially KfW, GIZ, and EU, is an advantage;
- Business fluency in English and French or Spanish; Knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage;
- Strong writing, communication, networking, and team-working skills;
- Work experience abroad in target countries for development cooperation; and
- Sound user knowledge of MS office applications.
Please note that we can only accept applications of candidates with an EU citizenship respectively a valid residence and work permit for Germany.
- A challenging and varied job in a motivated team;
- An international work environment;
- Short communication and decision-making processes, combined with a considerable scope of action;
- Possibilities for personal and career development; and
- A secure employment on a permanent basis.
HOW TO APPLY
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that in this job advertisement we are seeking to fill a permanent position at our headquarters in Germany (near Frankfurt/Main) and NOT a freelance project position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send us your application (cover letter and CV in English, as well as references/ certificates, if available).
About the Organization
GOPA Infra GmbH is an independent German consultancy rendering engineering and consulting services for infrastructure development worldwide on behalf of bilateral and multilateral financing agencies and organisations. It focusses on the provision and operation of sustainable infrastructure in the core areas of Architecture & Urban Development, Transport & Mobility, Waste Management as well as Water & Sanitation. Particular technical expertise is used for projects that deal with climate change, post-conflict situations and migration.
In October 2016, the company was created through the merger of GOPA Consultants’ Infrastructure Development Department and RODECO Consulting GmbH, which was established in 1973. It thus builds on more than 45 years of experience and functions as an independent company within the GOPA Consulting Group.
Our strong relationships with German universities, scientific institutions and professional associations enable us to provide our clients with the latest scientific results and state-of-the-art technology. We have a track record in handling projects according to international standards and ensuring coordination with all relevant stakeholders. We provide target-oriented and efficient cooperation with national authorities and administrations, local engineering companies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and international institutions, thus creating a sound foundation for the achievement of sustainable project results and impacts.
GOPA Infra is applying a Quality Management System, certified under the ISO 9001:2015 norm. In addition, we are certified under ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management) and OSHAS 18001:2007 (Health & Safety Management). With this integrated Quality, Safety/Health and Environment System (QSHE) certification, GOPA Infra will continue improving the quality of operations and processes while simultaneously ensuring environmental sustainability and the maintenance of occupational health and safety standards.