IESC is seeking a Contracts and Grants Manager to join our Home Office (HO) in Washington, DC. This position will be responsible for contracts and grants matters under a portfolio of IESC’s new and existing programs and will report directly to IESC’s Associate Vice President, Global Awards. This position has no direct reports and works with program and new business staff to achieve results.
- Support negotiations of contracts, subcontracts, and sub-agreements, as needed, by conducting research and providing targeted input.
- Perform necessary due diligence to ensure cost/price reasonableness and compliance with applicable U.S. Government regulations.
- Conduct research of federal regulations, standardized regulations, standard provisions, using the Internet and other sources of information, and prepare written responses to queries from the field offices and home office regarding USG-funded work.
- Assist program staff on the applicable regulations governing their work.
- Review and analyze budgets of medium to high complexity.
- Advise new business staff on compliance issues and assist proposal teams in the preparation of compliance sections.
- Assist the Associate Vice President, Global Awards in solving company-wide contractual and sub-award issues.
- Oversee and track/monitor organizational compliance with USG portal requirements including Implementing Partner Notice (IPN) and FFATA Subaward Reporting System (FSRS); manage annual subcontractor and sub-recipient audit submissions and NICRAs in coordination with program managers.
- Provide support for Program-specific Finance and Operations Assessments.
- Support training and orientation in contract and grant administration as well as procurement to IESC staff in the HO and in the field; Assist with creating quick guides and other toolkits for staff on-going education.
- Aid in the development and implementation of Global Award departmental standard operating procedures.
- Perform and manage all contract administration and contract management functions as assigned, including reviewing and editing, as required, requests that are submitted for Associate Vice President, Global Awards signature.
- Use IESC’s templates for sub-awards to prepare and negotiate sub-awards (sub-agreements, subcontracts, grants, or grants under contract) to be made by IESC to sub-recipients, subcontractors and grantees, both from the HO and in the field.
- Update templates on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in U.S. government contracts and grants.
- Knowledge of applicable federal government regulations including 2 CFR 200.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and AIDAR strongly preferred.
- Experience with USAID grants and/or contracts required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with HO and field staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities.
- Ability to travel to project offices up to 10% of the year for field office financial and operational assessments, as necessary.
Applicants must have US citizenship or authorization to work in the US. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply please click below.
About the Organization
IESC is a US-based nonprofit that creates and expands economic opportunities, helping to lift those we support out of poverty. We believe that helping enterprises grow is the most sustainable way for communities to have access to jobs and for families and people to have opportunities for a better quality of life. We have helped businesses in a variety of sectors, including agriculture, create or save more than 1.5 million jobs in 137 countries across the world. Our major funders today are the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), among others.