We are seeking a Controller to manage the day-to-day accounting and finance operations including Accounts Payables, Payroll, General Ledger, Invoicing and Accounts Receivables, ensuring financial controls are in place and that IWPR is compliant with the GAAP and donor requirements. The Controller will prepare financial statements, the annual operating budget of IWPR US, coordinate the annual audit and ensuring the timely processing and consolidation of field and corporate accounting data. Responsibilities also include management of a team, supervision of the monthly closing process, review of journal entries and bank/asset reconciliations.
1. Manage the day-to-day accounting and finance operations including Accounts Payables, Payroll, General Ledger, Invoicing, and Accounts Receivables.
- Monitor and forecast cash requirements.
- Review and approve accounts payable, wire transfers and payroll.
- Ensure all reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis
2. Prepare financial statements, the annual operating budget of IWPR US, and coordinating the annual audit.
- Responsible for month-end closing and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for calculating and monitoring the IWPR-US’s indirect cost rate on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparing IWPR-US’s annual operating budget.
- Plan and coordinate the annual US Government single audit
- Financial analysis
3. Responsible for implementing and maintaining financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that IWPR- US staff are trained regarding IWPR’s financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of NICRA forms to the U.S.Government
4. Manage the work of assigned staff.
- Prioritize, organize, distribute, and coordinate the flow of work.
- Train, guide, and advise staff.
- Ensure adherence to internal and other corporate and applicable policies, procedures, and schedules and ensure protocols are followed to assist with the safety of staff and property.
- Make recommendations concerning personnel actions.
- Resolve routine operating problems as they arise.
5. Responsible for ensuring all licenses are current. Serves as the point of contact for the building and equipment leasing companies.
6. Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender- related and culturally sensitive issues.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A finance related Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting and/or BA Finance
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive non-profit accounting experience with at least five years experience within an International NGO.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles in a US-based non-profit environment including specific knowledge of 2 CFR part 200 and NICRA.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software, preferably MIP Fund Accounting.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead the work of others in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Proven ability to effectively use databases spreadsheet, word processing, and position-specific software.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time which may include overnight or out of the country.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been considered for an interview will be contacted. IWPR is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.