DevTech is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA). EGSA supports the government of Indonesia and other stakeholders with (i) evidence-based decision making; (ii) technical assistance to improve GOI capacity in public financial management and related governance; and (iii) capacity building to improve the business enabling environment for foreign and domestic enterprises.
The Cooperative Governance Consultant will support EGSA in implementing the capacity building activity to strengthen GOI’s capacity to conduct effective cooperative oversight. The capacity building aims to improve the capacity of cooperative supervisors in mitigating the financial irregularity and asses the financial liquidity to secure cooperatives’ business operation and service. Based on this capacity building activity, the Cooperative Governance consultant with the Senior Cooperative Expert assess the needs for follow-up capacity strengthening, which will contribute to the formulation of policy recommendations to strengthen effective cooperative oversight to the Ministry of Cooperatives and SME.
· Extensive knowledge on cooperatives and microfinance in the area of reporting, audits, and supervision
· Experienced in conducting research on cooperatives and microfinance institutions and/or managing cooperatives or microfinance institution
· Experienced in conducting training and capacity building to government official
· Ability to draw policy recommendations for technical and high-level government officials
· Experienced in working with Ministry of Cooperatives and SME or Sub-national Department of Cooperatives
The Consultant shall carry out the following tasks:
· Participate in planning and coordination meetings with EGSA, Ministry of Cooperatives and SME, and other stakeholders
· Collaborate with the Senior Cooperative Expert in developing the workplan, training design and implementation for the activity.
· Present the training design, methodology, and tools for analysis to EGSA and Ministry of Cooperatives
· Develop the syllabus and training modules based on input from the ministry, cooperative association as well as SNG.
· Deliver training on early warning system, reporting and supervision.
· Conduct a follow-up monitoring to assess the effectiveness of the training
· Collaborate with the Senior Cooperative Expert to prepare final report and formulate policy recommendations to improve the effectiveness of cooperative oversight
· Present the findings and policy recommendations to Ministry of Cooperatives and SME
· Prepare a monthly progress report outlining activities conducted during the period and link to deliverables in the contract, meetings, output produced, and follow up plan for internal reporting purpose.
Qualification and Experience
· University degree in economics, finance, public policy, or other related fields.
· At least 5 years’ experience in researching or managing cooperative and micro finance institution.
· Ability to work as a part of a team and with minimum supervision.
· Willing to travel within Indonesia.
Deliverables and expected Level of Efforts (LOE) listed on DevTech job posting.