This position represents Arizona State University (ASU) through the planning, coordination and execution of recruitment activities, functions and programs in India in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. This position is based in India (preferred New Delhi, Ahmedabad or Mumbai) and may provide services in other Central and South Asian markets as assigned. This position independently ensures that university enrollment goals and objectives are accomplished, targeting potential undergraduate and graduate Engineering students, in accordance with priorities, timelines, funding limitations or other specifications.
- Represents Arizona State University Admission Services in India.
- Collaborates and works with fellow admissions counselors, supervisor, and enrollment management leadership to achieve university enrollment objectives for International freshmen, transfer and graduate engineering students.
- Maintains student records in database; preparing, monitoring, and providing reports; acts as a contact point for prospective student information and as a local hub to Admission Services for academic records.
- Plans and executes a territory recruitment plan for prospective students, families and high school contacts including but not limited to: visiting high schools, representing ASU at college fairs, presenting at events, and other programming in India (significant in-country and occasional out-of-country overnight travel required); with the goal of achieving assigned new student enrollment objectives.
- Provides assistance with various student visit programs and events.
- When needed, helps planning and organizing visits and events for ASU staff and leadership visiting India.
- Ensures coordination of scheduling to maximize student service to meet university enrollment goals.
- Initiates and develops recruitment relationships with prospective students and families through regular phone calls, emails, mail and in person interactions.
- Counsels and confers with students interpreting and providing program procedures, policies, goals and objectives.
- Provides assistance, advice and service to prospective students to ensure seamless transition to university.
- Initiates and develops recruitment relationships with high school contacts and partners through regular communication via phone, email, mail and face to face interactions.
- Develops a working knowledge of ASU locations, programs, benefits, policies and practices; in order to effectively represent the broad range of university opportunities and offerings.
- Work with various ASU departments and offices to coordinate an effective diversity of recruitment presence in the area.
- Monitors recruitment and enrollment trends from assigned territory. Reports and makes recommendations to adjust strategies to reach assigned enrollment goals.
- Maintains and manages territory and student information in a CRM and student information system.
- Participate in higher education professional organizations and development in the region.
- Maintain a regular recruitment presence in India.
- As needed travel to Arizona 1 or 2 times a year for events, trainings and development opportunities at ASU campuses/locations.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions designated by supervisor.
- Work with transfer, international and graduate admissions staff to ensure synergies within ASU Admission Services.
- Create, plan, promote and schedule counselor tours to ASU’s campuses/locations.
- Participates in other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education admission and recruitment practices, principles, trends and strategies.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of admissions, marketing and enrollment.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques of customer service.
- Knowledge of basic project management and organizational practices.
- Knowledge of functionality of CRM programs and higher education student information systems.
- Skill in independently performing, organizing, and prioritizing work activities.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to produce reports, analyze and evaluate recruitment activities and territory trends.
- Ability to develop and conduct group presentations targeted to diverse audiences.
- Ability to articulate professionally and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field AND three (3) years of related international recruitment experience.
- Earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from a U.S. institution, preferably at Arizona State University.
- Experience with student recruitment and admission practices.
- Experience in organizing work of others and self.
- Experience in program design and development.
- Experience with student recruitment and admission practices.
- Experience in strategic planning and decision-making principles and procedures.
- Experience in organizational management and prioritizing for effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
About the Organization
In support of the university mission and goals, the Office of Admission Services creates and promotes the broadest possible awareness of ASU as the New American University. This is accomplished through meaningful interactions and customer service throughout the college search and enrollment processes.
Admission Services attracts and enrolls diverse, high achieving and talented students from Arizona, the nation and the world and engages families, educators, and other members of the community in the encouragement of students to pursue higher education at Arizona State University.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.