Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Note: Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in The Hague, part of a worldwide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British Political, Economic and Consular interests overseas is now looking for a Corporate Services Support officer.
Main purpose of job:
The Corporate services support Officer supports the Corporate Services team in a wide spectrum of Corporate Services tasks including dealing with UK Diplomat (UK based staff ) relocation administration, and administration for staff recruited locally( Local staff), IT support, purchase to pay processes and salary administration.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Advise and assist on HR policy administration.
- Administer pay uplift calculations via excel.
- Keep employee databases up to date.
- Administer the local staff terms and conditions of service.
- Support and advise local staff on their induction, contract administration and exit procedure.
UKB staff support:
- Support arriving and departing UK based staff.
- Support UKB diplomats in their full induction and end of tour of service process.
- Liaise with the Ministry of foreign affairs to ensure correct adherence to protocol.
- Update databases and support UKB diplomats with their administration.
Purchase to Pay:
- Assist with the full Purchase to pay cycle reviewing and resolving Purchase to pay queries.
IT Support /back up:
- Act as back up IT support officer for general first query pre help desk support for all staff and assist with the IT update transition offering continued IT support to all staff.
Frequent opportunities exist for all staff to contribute to the wider mission by volunteering for a variety of corporate roles.
The job description is subject to changes and may evolve over time and in response to changing circumstances. The role exists as part of a team and all staff are expected to be flexible in supporting colleagues, particularly at busy times.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Proven experience of administration work, ideally in a Finance and HR setting;
- Budget and Finance awareness;
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus;
- Able to think logically and solve problems;
- Ability to work independently, but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams as appropriate;
- Excellent IT skills, especially standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook);
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Good command of Dutch language;
- Proven experience in HR;
- Proven experience in Accounting and/or Finance;
Changing and Improving, Building Capability for All, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application Deadline: April 5, 2020