Every employee of TechnoServe is responsible for carrying out the mission and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Cost and Pricing Analyst develops budgets and cost proposals for new business across TechnoServe’s regional divisions, and review budgets developed by others. This position is a critical member of the proposal team, providing input to maximize the cost effectiveness and competitiveness of program design.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, with minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in international development.
- Proven analytic and budgeting skills, including the ability to model the costs of different program designs.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; able to effectively interact with diverse groups of domestic and international colleagues; Spanish and/or French language skills highly desirable; Portuguese skills also desirable.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze donor solicitations to understand the terms and conditions and convey any unique or risky contract terms to Proposal Managers and other relevant staff. Prepare contractual clarification questions in response to solicitations.
- Adapt standard budget templates to meet specific needs of funder solicitations.
- Develop cost proposals for new business across TechnoServe’s regional divisions in coordination with the Operations and Program Development teams, ensuring alignment with the technical proposal and budgeting for full cost recovery while also making a strong business case for the value for money offered by TechnoServe.
- Review cost proposals developed by other cost and pricing staff or regional financial staff to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Enter new award budgets into TechnoServe’s financial system; assist in developing customized financial report templates for new awards to ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements; and support handover of proposal budgets to program managers.
- Support maintenance of a library of cost data used for new cost proposals.
- Travel may be required; must be able to travel on short notice for up to two weeks at a time.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.