For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in civil society strengthening, peacebuilding and countering violent extremism (CVE), positive youth development, technology and innovation, health access and services, and education. Our integrated approaches across a broad set of disciplines and countries helps develop customized responses to complex challenges addressing multiple aspects of people’s lives. We are currently seeking qualified Country Coordinator candidates for the USAID Networks for Peace program. FHI 360 is looking for a Country Coordinator in Sri Lanka.
The 5-year USAID-funded activity seeks to strengthen initiatives in Asia to promote regional security and amplify moderate voices of peace and tolerance. The program will convene stakeholders and build the capacity of moderate leaders, civil society groups, media, and local organizations to address drivers of conflict and violent extremism and promote tolerance and inclusion across the societal divisions. The program is a regional initiative that will support and complement bilateral civil society and conflict mitigation programs at the country level.
The qualified candidate will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka and will be represent Networks for Peace in country. S/he will coordinate activities in-country and liaise with other country coordinators in Myanmar and Thailand. The incumbent will report to the Thailand based Chief of Party.
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for the development, oversight, and evaluation of Sri Lanka-specific activities of the program. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360, USAID, local government and civil society organizations and constituencies working on matters of tolerance and inclusion in Sri Lanka;
- Maintain regular communication with FHI 360 project staff in Bangkok, Colombo, and Washington;
- Contribute to program performance reports and biweekly updates;
- Manage development of and monitor work plans and budgets and ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of activities to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals and accurate financial and programmatic reporting;
- Coordinate partner efforts in activity implementation across the country.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, international development, community development, peacebuilding and conflict management or other relevant fields (advanced degree preferred);
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in civil society strengthening, peacebuilding, countering violent extremism, media strengthening, or other relevant field;
- Prior experience in grants schemes desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Fluency in Sinhalese and English required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.