Role & Responsibilities
Represent Medair in all issues relating to the country programme, play a key role in donor relations and manages the country strategy and the project implementation in conjunction with senior field managers, and ensure constructive engagement in Medair’s regional approach for the Middle East.
In the Middle East region, Medair has programmes in Lebanon and Jordan (since 2012), Iraq (since 2014) and Syria (Since 2015). In response to the ongoing crisis in Syria, Medair’s programme in Jordan is delivering emergency assistance to refugees in non-camp settings and vulnerable host communities in Jordan. Projects are in the sectors of Cash Assistance and Health with growing component of Protection and Psychosocial support. The Jordan programme is leading in innovative Information Management and Cash for Health.
Field based position in Amman, Jordan. Take a look at Medair’s work in Jordan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
March 2018. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Leadership and Management
- Design and evaluate the country strategy. Take into account community needs, donor criteria and strategies, the regional context, and an exit strategy in order to facilitate the long-term planning.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the planned activities in accordance with the project proposals and logical frameworks and guidelines.
- Manage the overall programme and support functions, including reviewing and refining the management structures and overseeing the development and maintenance of operational procedures.
- Analyse humanitarian needs and political developments in order to anticipate new projects.
Donor Relations Management
- Develop contact with the in-country representatives of relevant funding partners (e.g. institutional donors or private donor organisations) in order to secure funding.
- Present proposal cards for new projects. Oversee the drafting and presentation of all proposals, operational and financial reports related to the country programme.
Coordination & Communication
- Develop relationships with authorities, donors, media, other NGOs and embassies. The objective is to raise public awareness, identify funding opportunities and other potential partnerships.
- Ensure that the HQ Marketing and Relations (M&R) Department receives appropriate material.
- Ensure that timely programme reports are updated and submitted to HQ.
- Support the planning and construction of project budgets.
- Manage the spending within the programme. Analyse projected cash flow, decide on the timing of major procurements, oversee audits and anticipate where over or under spending may occur.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place to prevent fraud and provide trainings.
- Oversee the implementation of country security plan, guidelines and manuals and ensure appropriate updates, in conjunction with the Regional Representative
- Ensure security procedures and awareness are maintained, seeking guidance from the Regional Representative and HQ Security Advisor when required.
- Function as the Security Focal Point. Take the lead on decision-making during security incidents.
- Oversee all HR related issues including job descriptions, recruitment, training, health and safety, etc.
- Reflect the vision and values of Medair when interacting with team members.
- Provides final approval for field visit requests (from HQ staff, affiliates, private donors and media).
- Ensure the country programme is implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with Medair, country and international standards e.g. Sphere and CHS standards, WHO, etc.
- Ensure frequent monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and outputs.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management/Development/Administration, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- At least 3-4 years post-qualification experience in a senior management position.
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience in a complex humanitarian emergency.
- Experience in dealing with donors and government officials. Advanced planning and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and CHS Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines. Good knowledge of current humanitarian debates and issues.
- Able to liaise and negotiate with senior Government officials and deal with long negotiation processes.
- Advanced leadership and management skills. Experience and willingness in training/mentoring staff.
- Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Conflict management skills. Committed to team-building and able to develop other team members.
- This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
Medair organisational values.
Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS)
To apply, go to the ”Current Vacancies” page then:
- apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
- apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications.
Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.