About the program
ASEAN–Australia Counter Trafficking (ASEAN-ACT) continues Australia’s long running collaboration with ASEAN and its member states to end human trafficking in our region. The program will principally work on strengthening the justice sector response to human trafficking, while opening up new partnerships with allied government agencies, civil society and business. It will engage all 10 ASEAN Member States in some capacity and will continue national-level programming in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
About the role
The Country Manager represents the program at the country level; leads the planning, delivery and monitoring of activities; manages key counterpart relationships and oversees the country office team.
This senior position is the main liaison point between the program and its key country-level partners represented at the National Program Steering Committee (NPSC) and their stakeholders. The Country Manager will assist the NPSC to prepare annual work plans and budgets for the use of ASEAN-ACT resources; ensure activities supported by ASEAN-ACT are implemented effectively; and ensure that results are appropriately monitored and reported. The Country Manager will provide strategic advice to regional and national counterparts and engage with them in a meaningful manner.
Please copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/2zj9ezH to access further details on the role including an outline of the key responsibilities.
You will be selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Strong understanding of the local context in relation to human trafficking, including national legislation and the roles of the justice sector, civil society, private sector and allied government institutions
- Understanding of human rights and rights-based approaches in development, particularly as these relate to human trafficking
- Established networks with relevant partners in the justice sector, civil society, private sector or government
- Ability to liaise with senior officials, demonstrating high-level communication and interpersonal skills, political acumen, strong advocacy skills and communicating with influence
- Understanding of development principles and approaches, including developing the skills and capacity of counterparts; monitoring, evaluation and learning; and mainstreaming of gender equality and social inclusion
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to provide timely and reliable advice to program managers and counterparts
- Competent information technology skills.
How to apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The words ‘Country Manager-Indonesia in the email subject
- Your CV
- A completed Application Form, which describes how your skills and experience are applicable to the selection criteria. Please copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/31rvbIIto download the application form.
- The names and contact details of three professional referees
Applications close at Sunday, 5PM Bangkok time, 1st September 2019. Queries relating to this position should be directed to email@example.com. It is essential that you quote ‘Country Manager-Indonesia’ in your email title, or you may not receive a response.
Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in English.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our International Development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include relevant criminal record checks.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.