Date: Jun 11, 2018
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 1
The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing a mechanism for understanding and predicting patterns of integrity violations, through the mining of large volumes of data in order to develop predictive models using advanced algorithms. The analytical products developed will be utilized for the effective deployment of resources, and for the development of tolls to disrupt identified patterns of abuse and to respond to integrity violations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifying and acquiring structured and unstructured data from multiple primary and secondary sources;
- Cleaning data by detecting and removing errors and inconsistencies in order to improve the quality of the dataset;
- Creating efficient, usable databases from the cleaned datasets;
- Using advanced algorithms to analyze the dataset and to extrapolate data patterns, and to generate descriptive and predictive analysis;
- Producing analytical products and reports that describe and accurately predict the likely occurrence of integrity violations based on statistical modelling;
- Performing such other related duties as may be required by the Head of the Unit.
- Other related duties as required.
Expected experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree in mathematics, computer engineering, statistics or any related fields;
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in a data analyst role in an international setting;
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized with a sound technical expertise of data analysis, data mining and data model;
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes and various business intelligence and analytical tools;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to write comprehensive reports;
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures; and
- Fluency in English both orally and in writing is essential; knowledge of an additional UN language is an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
About the Organization
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.