Position Title: Data Analyst ( Local Expert) – STTA
Reports to: Evaluation Team lead, MEL Activity, DevTech Systems Inc.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. DevTech Systems, Inc. implements the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management. DevTech is supporting USAID/Nigeria to conduct an endline evaluation of the Northern Nigeria Initiative Plus (NEI Plus) Activity, hence seeking a highly qualified Team Leader/Senior Evaluation Expert (International) with the requisite experience to be part of the evaluation team.
The endline evaluation is expected to build on the NEI Plus Midline Evaluation and use appropriate methods in order to analyze progress over the life of the activity. The endline evaluation is intended to deepen USAID’s understanding of what was achieved and how it was achieved. The Government of Nigeria, USAID, and its implementing partners will use the evaluation findings to make decisions for possible follow-on activities.
The audience of the evaluation report will be USAID/Nigeria, specifically the Education Office, implementing partners, key officials from the federal, state and local government levels, and other development partners. An Executive Summary narrative with recommendations and a PowerPoint presentation will be provided to USAID/Nigeria in advance of the full report completion. These documents will synthesize findings and recommendations for future programming. The effectiveness of the Education Office’s strategy of investing in systems strengthening at the state and local levels to improve the quality of education should be explored.
Period of Performance Tentative: March 2, 2020 – May 22, 2020
Level of Effort: 20 Days Local LOE:
- 3 days (Preliminary data collection in Abuja),
- 11 days (Field Data collection) and
- 6 days (Consolidation of notes)
Experience: The Data Analysts (Local) must have:
- At least five years’ experience managing and analyzing data as a data analyst;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics;
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing large-scale qualitative research data (research conducted in multiple states);
- Proficiency in qualitative data statistical software and data visualization tools;
- Familiarity with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Nigeria; and
- Good interpersonal skills, report writing skills and ability to work effectively within a team with members in remote locations.
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communications skills in English and Hausa (both written and oral).
Job Description: Under the leadership of the Team Lead and with quality assurance from staff of the MEL Activity, the Data Analysts will be expected to:
- Conduct desk review of relevant evaluation literature and data collection tools;
- Become familiar with the evaluation objectives and SOW.
- Be part of the pilot of the data collection tools before onset of data collection;
- Script data collection tools into a data collection software;
- Collate data from the states centrally on a daily basis;
- Analyze qualitative data into thematic areas for incorporating into key findings.
- Provide the evaluators with aggregated and analyzed state level data for report writing (within 24hrs of completion of data collection in a state)
- Support report writing for the evaluation; and
- Remain flexible as unforeseen circumstances arise, manage focused and effective communications with the evaluation team to problem solve, lend subject matter expertise and guidance as necessary, and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent consultant evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.