Data Analyst, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (Remote - US Based)
The Data Analyst, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) ensures quantitative and qualitative data systems are fit for purpose and accurately capture results-based program management indicators. You will clean, analyze, aggregate and synthesize the data to inform project improvement, decision making, and reporting that supports Episcopal Relief & Development’s strategic goals and core values.
As Data Analyst, MEL you will:
- Analyze, aggregate and synthesize qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation data from community development projects; perform functions at field and multi-country levels, using various required results frameworks
- Create visualizations of analyzed and aggregated data and findings
- Develop a suite of filters around use of underlying data
- Support periodic implementation of data reviews by staff
- Tailor and provide relevant and/or historical data overviews of program results for use in proposals, major grants and fundraising materials
- Execute data management and integrity, contribute to regular systems review and optimization, and ensure data is clean, accurate and complete
- Ensure that data warehousing and storage capacity is in place and applied survey data is reconfigured into clear, visualizable and trackable indicators
- Systematically audit data points, testing their veracity, and clean as needed
- Transfer externally collected data to Episcopal Relief & Development’s proprietary systems
- Improve measurement and indicators based on data review and analyses to ensure intended information is accurately captured
- Strengthen Episcopal Relief & Development’s MEL capacity building and learning by contributing to a stronger data analysis and use function and through incorporating relevant best practices, new methodologies and data management tools as they emerge
- Work as a member of a dynamic Strategic Learning/MEL team in the Program Department
- A confident communicator with the ability to explain technical concepts and information to multicultural audiences with varying levels of monitoring and evaluation skills
- An enthusiastic team member who is energized by data and its use, able to collaborate effectively with field data collectors, program managers and database developers, and effectively optimizes workflows and automates repetitive processes
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills and adept at meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able and willing to work some Eastern standard time business hours, travel domestically and internationally intermittently and work a varied schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- A shared commitment to Episcopal Relief & Development’s values and mission
- An Advanced Degree in statistics, economics/econometrics, computer science, mathematics or equivalent quantitative area such as MPA with International Development concentration
- A minimum of five (5) years of qualitative and quantitative data management and statistical analyses experience, preferably in an international NGO context
- Proven experience in field-based mobile data collection and system requirements
- Demonstrated experience in statistical testing, data mining, data visualization best practices and a solid understanding of prevalent database design and communication between data systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with qualitative assessment including focus groups and in-depth interviews; experience with most significant change story methodology a plus
- A proven ability to synthesize data and communicate results clearly through multiple formats and data visualizations
- Strong working knowledge of and proficiency with SQL, Excel, SPSS, STATA, and/or Epi Info as well as with NVivo or other qualitative data analysis and mixed-method analysis software
- Experience working with Tableau, Looker, Salesforce, ArcGIS or other visualization tools a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship from Episcopal Relief & Development
How To Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Analyst, MEL.” For more information, visit our website at www.episcopalrelief.org.
* Competitive salary and generous benefits package offered.
* Episcopal Relief & Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Episcopal Relief & Development offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
About the Organization
For over 75 years, Episcopal Relief & Development has been working together with supporters and partners for lasting change around the world. Each year the organization facilitates healthier, more fulfilling lives for more than 3 million people struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Inspired by Jesus’ words in Matthew 25, Episcopal Relief & Development leverages the expertise and resources of Anglican and other partners to deliver measurable and sustainable change in three signature program areas: Women, Children and Climate.