Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Data Management Specialist to provide technical services for a contract with the Department of State. This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Washington DC.
- Assess the data management needs and make recommendations for a data management and storage system.
- Design data management systems (using a commercially available product such as Microsoft Excel or Access) as well as design corresponding reporting templates.
- Conduct the final data quality check and oversee and enforce the entire data reporting cycle.
- Notify all responsible parties when data needs to be reported, and ensure all open source data is up-to-date.
- Assist with data entry, including transferring existing data stored in a variety of sources (such as PowerPoint emails, and InfoPath) to the data management system.
- Design tools and systems to automatically transfer data between documents, reporting templates, and data management/storage systems.
- Monitor data for accuracy, completeness, redundancies, and provider user assistance to M&E contract employees and program offices.
- Assist M&E Specialists with entering both past and current data; generating reportings and analytics; and assist in searching and documenting the use of open source data.
- This position will require manual data entry and content correction and editing.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of related experience
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel and/or Access to store and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to work in Microsoft SharePoint and Excel
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of data visualization and reporting using Microsoft Excel and/or Access
- Highly skilled in using data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Highly skilled in using Macros and similar functions
- Ability to present results in written reports
- Data warehousing, business intelligence, and/or information management concepts skills
- Skilled in using data visualization and reporting software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and/or ArcGIS
- Demonstrate high-level of understanding of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS or STATA
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- Based in the D.C. metro area and able to work in the Dexis and/or the client site, as needed
- Secret personnel security clearance
- Experience working with computer algorithms and/or computer programing languages
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, embedding language, and HTML
- Knowledge of survey design and implementation and/or qualitative in-person interviews
- Knowledge of technical writing or report production
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.