Data Visualization Specialist, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Data Visualization/GIS Specialist will report to the Data Analytics Manager. They will create visualization products (charts, dashboards, scorecards, graphs, tables, maps) and train MOH/USAID in the production and use of visual tools, including infographics.
- Create, maintain, and improve data visualizations and cartographic products in printed formats using technologies, such as ArcGIS, QGIS.
- Author custom reports including tabular, cartographic, and infographic elements.
- Perform GIS data quality control of field data. The process of quality control includes reviewing the data for completeness and accuracy, identifying, correcting errors or omissions in the data and ensuring that the data is stored correctly in the project GIS database, including, correct coordinate projection and metadata.
- Generate all cartographic products, along with analytical reports for various data calls, collected from project activities.
- Continuously design and produce innovate visualization products to illustrate program research findings and analysis to inform program strategy and grant design.
- Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in geographic information science, or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years demonstrable work experience as a GIS and/or MIS Specialist.
- Expertise with proprietary and open source GIS software including ArcGIS and QGIS.
- Excellent data management skills and experience working with datasets in multiple formats including shapefile, geodatabase, and CSV.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.