Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC: Embedded Advisor to Empresa Rede Nacional de Transporte (RNT)
Position: Embedded Advisor to Empresa Rede Nacional de Transporte (RNT)
Recruitment Type: Angola Residents (Based in Luanda)
Project: Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP)
Location: Luanda, Angola
Estimated Delivery Range: From 15 April 2020 through 15 December 2020
Activities: Y3.03.05.01.ANG – Assist RNT to establish a PMO and advance the Central–Southern 400kV Transmission Project;
Estimated Level of Effort: Full-time basis and specific contracting terms will be subject to negotiation.
Language Requirement: Fluent in Portuguese and English.
Place of Delivery: RNT PMO, Luanda, Angola
Opportunity Closing Date: 3 April 2020 at 17:00 EDT
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work. We are seeking an exceptional Angolan Consultant for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of the Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment, and continued political will.
Position Description, Objectives and Project Overview:
The objective of USAID’s Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) is to increase electricity availability and access in Southern Africa. This is to be done by facilitating transactions and strengthening the enabling environment for public and private sector investment in the power sector. SAEP will address five (5) key constraints to such investment: i) ineffective regulation, planning, and procurement for energy-related projects; ii) low commercial viability of utilities; iii) limited regional harmonization and cross border electricity trade; iv) lack of demonstrated scaled clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency technologies and practices, and v) weak institutional and human resource capacity for energy sector management.
The Embedded Advisor to RNT in Luanda, Angola, will provide project management support, technical assistance and ongoing advisory support to drive successful standing-up and operationalization of the RNT project implementation unit (PIU) for the African Development Bank- (AfDB) funded South–Central Transmission Project. The Embedded Advisor will be responsible for assisting the RNT PIU Project Coordinator in managing a number of RNT PIU development work streams, including liaising with RNT owner’s engineering team, and various consultants and advisors. The Embedded Advisor will also serve as a direct communication link and liaison between RNT and the SAEP Outcome 3 (OC3) Team.
- Support the PIU with RNT: The Embedded Advisor will assist the RNT PIU Project Coordinator in managing all aspects of the RNT South–Central Transmission project PIU. The RNT PIU will continue to serve as a nexus of project management activities, communication, and reporting for the RNT transmission project as well as establishing the foundation for future PIUs for transmission projects. This will include maintaining the operationalization work plan, coordinating the delivery of required submissions, and serving as SAEP’s primary point of contact for the PIU’s Project Coordinator.
- Support finalization and implementation of procurement and contracting frameworks and strategies for the PIU, in line with the funding institution’s requirements: In close collaboration with the SAEP OC3 technical team, the Embedded Advisor will support RNT to finalize RNT PIU procurement and contracting strategies.
- Provide technical assistance to support a human resource management function for the PIU: The Embedded Advisor will continue to provide technical assistance and advisory support to develop a human resource function for the RNT PIU.
- Set up and Manage the PIU Project Data Room: The Embedded Advisor will continue to evaluate and have oversight of the RNT PIU Data Room. This will include maintaining auditable records of communications, developing and maintaining an index of all data and information, and ensuring continuous improvement of the data room.
- Provide technical assistance, advisory, and management of RNT PIU development work streams: The Embedded Advisor will serve as SAEP coordinator for the RNT PIU, by being proactive in, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting progress of RNT PIU development work streams in line with approved activity plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Coordination of SAEP team in Angola: The Embedded Advisor will be required coordinate for the SAEP team in Angola as it relates to RNT activities
Minimum Skills, Educational Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in related fields; with two to five years of experience in the Angolan energy sector (transmission and distribution, policy, planning, regulatory experience advantageous);
- Experience in developing country environments and experience in Southern Africa is required;
- Prior experience on USAID or donor-funded projects preferable;
- Proven written and oral communication skills; strong research, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Full proficiency in English and Portuguese required;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word);
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others, driving results across multiple workstreams; and
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to take ownership of work and work product, motivate others to produce strong work product and solve problems.
NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to email@example.com by 3 April 2020 at 17:00 EDT. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SAEP will conduct interviews with shortlisted candidates either over the phone or in person. SAEP may also ask for writing samples or have the candidates write a sample in person for us to verify your writing capabilities.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and services are provided by its subsidiaries (the Deloitte U.S. Entities), including Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit, assurance and risk management related services, Deloitte Consulting LLP, which provides strategy, operations, technology, systems, outsourcing and human capital consulting services, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP.
Deloitte Consulting LLP (Deloitte Consulting) is one of the world’s leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology, and human resources planning. Deloitte Consulting provides services that are designed to bring together the unique experience, scale, and capabilities of their professionals to help clients in their efforts to address their most complex business problems.
The Emerging Market sector of Deloitte Consulting works with clients to implement economic reforms, support financial and private sector growth, and develop capacity.