Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is now accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Democracy and Governance (DG) Sector team at the Senior Associate Level.
The position will be based in in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
What you will be responsible for:
* Manage and write the new business proposals for the democracy and governance sector
* Manage and oversee all aspects of democracy and governance-related projects, from start-up to close-out
* Provide thought leadership on priority democracy and governance topics such as crime and violence prevention, public financial management, justice and security, accountability, and local governance
* Develop corporate strategies for technical excellence in democracy and governance topics
* Supervise and mentor staff
* Cultivate networks with donors and other organizations
* Advanced Degree in a sector-specific technical discipline
* At least 10 years of experience in crime and violence prevention, public financial management, justice and security, accountability, and/or local governance
* At least 10 years of experience in international development with various donors, including USAID
* Demonstrated excellence in project and team management in a multi-cultural setting
* Fluency in English and Spanish language skills
* Ability to conduct frequent short-term international field work, potentially in post conflict and transitioning locations, (20% - 30% of the time)
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current CV
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science®
to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.