DAI (Thailand) Limited, an international consulting firm, is recruiting highly qualified and motivated persons to work as the Deputy Chief of Party (Deputy Program Manager) on the anticipated 4-year USAID-funded “Together” program in Thailand that will focus on good governance, conflict mitigation and reconciliation themes. The program will build upon the successes of previous and existing USAID programming and complement ongoing bilateral engagements between the U.S. Government and the Royal Thai Government. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for programmatic and operational aspects of the program and will work with the Chief of Party (Program Director) in providing guidance and leadership to other program staff and to ensure high quality program outcomes and impact.
- Provide leadership in designing appropriate program strategy, approach and implementation plans;
- Ensure compliance with management procedures and policies, including partner selection, activity design and implementation, program monitoring and workplace ethics;
- Serve as primary liaison with Royal Thai Government counterparts, civil society and university partner and other stakeholders on technical and managerial issues;
- Lead and manage program staff and partner representatives in identifying program opportunities, and to design, implement and monitor subsequent technical activities.
- Advanced university degree in social or political sciences.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working on governance and conflict mitigation issues in Thailand and/or the region, including significant experience in political processes, civic engagement and advocacy, and institutional development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in senior leadership positions on donor-funded programs that included work with senior national and local government officials.
- Deep understanding of Thai political, social, and civil society sectors and actors, including those in the Deep South, and ability to work effectively in politically sensitive environments.
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills. Strong English and Thai reading, writing and speaking skills.
Instructions to apply: Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to Togetherthailand@dai.com by 22 March 2018. All submissions will be reviewed but only finalist candidates will be notified. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.