Deputy Chief of Party and Livestock Director, Kenya LMS AA1
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party and Livestock Director for the Feed the Future-funded Livestock Market Systems Expanding Economic Opportunities (LMS-AA1) Activity. The goal of the project is to build upon and deepen the inclusiveness, resilience and competitiveness of market systems (and integrated value chains) in the 5 Arid and Semi-Arid Counties of Turkana, Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir and Garissa while furthering livestock-related and other economic opportunities. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to field offices.
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction to the 5 county office teams and to the entire activity.
- Act as Technical Lead and central point coordination for AA1 staff in the technical review of grant applications received, coordinating, in close collaboration with LMS partners, co-creation/co-investment approaches in selecting, defining and managing approved grants.
- Provide technical leadership, implementation oversight, day-to-day quality control, and operational commitment to AA1’s systemic, inclusive, and facilitative market systems approach.
- Play a lead role in interacting with key implementing actors and other development partners.
- Ensure the incorporation and implementation of inclusive gender and youth positive approaches.
- Identify and develop interventions that address system constraints and identify leverage points for appropriate action/support/investment.
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables. Prepare and contribute to work plans, financial, logistical and other documents as requested.
- Support the overall knowledge management process, contributing to quarterly reports and the M&E and learning processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, agriculture, animal sciences, business management, or relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in natural resource management, agriculture, and livestock sectors.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience for large (minimum $5M) programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget planning, activity-based budgeting and tracking, forecasting; integrity and zero tolerance approach to corruption/malfeasance.
- Solid understanding of market systems and value chains; experience in ASALs or northern Kenya preferred.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools, systems and ITC applications.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and motivating diverse teams (including remote management) with strong commitment to gender mainstreaming, responsiveness, and inclusion principles.
- English and Swahili proficiency required; other local language fluency/ability preferred.
- Ability to travel within and beyond Nairobi, Isiolo, Marsabit, Garissa, Wajir, and Turkana counties.
Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.