Colombia Amazon Forests and Biodiversity Activity
DT Global is recruiting for an anticipated USAID project in Colombia entitled Amazon Forests and Biodiversity Activity. The purpose of this activity is (1) improve the effectiveness of environmental crime prevention and prosecution and (2) improve the effectiveness of forest conservation and management. This is an integrated activity designed to contribute to Colombian development by strengthening social cohesion, responsive governance, and environmentally sustainable economic development.
The Deputy Chief of Party(DCOP) will be responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of all operations staff in collaboration with technical backstops at the Headquarters level; and ensuring donor reporting and management and implementation of project operations under guidance from the Chief of Party (COP). The DCOP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact. The DCOP must possess the intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and assist implementation of the program, and must be based in Bogota, Colombia for the duration of the project.
Reporting & Supervision: The DCOP will report to the Chief of Party (COP). S/he will manage operations staff on the project.
1. At least a Master’s-level degree in development, public administration, international relations, finance, or related field;
2. A minimum of 10 years progressive experience managing complex international development projects in a related role (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those conducted in South America.
3. At least five (5) years of experience in an Operations Manager or DCOP role for USAID-funded projects.
4. Relevant work experience in Colombia and familiarity with Colombian institutions, Private Sector Companies, Civil Society groups, and legal and governmental structure strongly preferred;
5. Demonstrated knowledge and skills with donor policies and procedures relative to subawards and sub-contracts, financial management, procurement processes, and management systems;
6. Demonstrated experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and managing diverse staff;
7. Proven effective communication and diplomacy skills; and
8. Fluency in written and verbal English and Spanish.
Colombian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications: Please also send all resumes to DTGlobalColombiaAmazonRecruit@gmail.com
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com