Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) project will provide support for program-related services to program and technical teams in the USAID/KEA/Somalia Office in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will comprise multiple, simultaneous Task Orders including: implementing an ongoing monitoring system for funded activities; conducting data quality assessments; supporting performance management; providing logistical, administrative, and facilitation support for technical team meetings with partners or other stakeholders for the purposes of planning, monitoring, evaluating and/or learning; and fielding technical assistance.
Dexis is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to lead and manage the project. This is a Nairobi-based, full-time position with travel to Somalia, as necessary. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Oversee production, ensure the quality, and provide strategic input for all technical deliverables to USAID.
- Oversees the entire Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) process including work plan development, tools development, report development and submission, and presentation to USAID.
- Oversee the annual Data Quality Assessment (DQA) process.
- Oversee the update of the PMP and contribute to the development of project logframes and M&E Plans for the USAID, in compliance with ADS 203.
- Design and oversee training of USAID staff and IPs in performance management concepts and processes; standardization of partner M&E Plans, work plans, and quarterly reports; and verification of partner data quality.
- Advise IPs and USAID staff on the creation of aligned log frames and M&E Plans for their activities.
- Overall management and oversight of the Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT), including periodic reviews with USAID and implementing partners.
- Facilitate development and management of Mission-wide learning questions and a plan to respond to these questions that triangulates existing data (routine programmatic data, MV&R findings, evaluation findings, etc.) and identifies learning activities around knowledge gaps to provide further insight into program effectiveness and ensure learning is integrated into the Mission’s strategy, projects and activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or related technical field.
- At least 5 years of international experience in the management, monitoring, and evaluation of development programs.
- Experience developing monitoring tools, training, and managing staff in the effective use of these tools.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Experience living and working in Kenya and/or Somalia.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.