USAID’s Expanding Degree Opportunities seeks to provide technical assistance to Malawi Teacher Training Colleges and higher education entities for the development of degree programs and professional development coursework in the areas of curriculum and instruction. The DCOP will provide program management and operational leadership for the program while working closely with the Chief of Party as a point of contact for the donor, local staff, and consultants on issues pertaining to operations and program finances.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
• In coordination with the Chief of Party, provide management, technical, and operational leadership for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID, the Chief of Party, and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Ensuring compliance with USAID and World Learning HQ rules and regulations, serve as the primary contact with the donor on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on donor requests and concerns;
• Assist in the oversight and monitoring of program activities and operations, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
• Manage and monitor project budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
• Provide timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants; set timelines and goals for team product development and implementation;
• Mentor program teams to produce quality work and build capacity over time;
• In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as the day-to-day project representative for the project and point of contact for USAID and the World Learning HQ;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field;
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the successful implementation and operations oversight of donor-funded education or systems strengthening programming; with previous experience as a DCOP or senior management role for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope, preferably in Malawi or similar context;
• Capacity to build skills and knowledge of local staff and manage programmatic and operations teams;
• Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
• Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required; Malawian Nationals preferred;
• Proven experience leading inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.