Deputy Chief of Party, Field Operations – Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Zambia. The goal of this project is to provide support to the Government of the Republic of Zambia in achieve a more stable, equitable and efficient tax system, which will result in improved compliance, an expansion of the tax base and revenue growth over time, and the creation of the fiscal space to increase priority spending and unlock the country’s growth potential.
The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization (DRM) and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia.
Position Description: Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with project technical staff and external partners, the DCOP will oversee all administrative and operational aspects of the project including; assisting in the preparation of work plans, budgets, and procurement plans for the offices; and overseeing office startup. The DCOP will closely coordinate and collaborate with office-level administrative, financial, and contract staff during implementation. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Lusaka.
* Master’s degree or higher in public administration, economics, business, law, social sciences, or a related field;
* Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated, progressively responsible field operations experience in the successful implementation of public administration, local government support, or governance reform programs;
* Minimum of eight (8) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to administrative operations, financial management, human resources, and procurement, with experience on USAID contracts of similar size and scope strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated experience working with counterparts at various levels of government and the private sector in managing international development assistance projects;
* Demonstrated excellent managerial skillset with high levels of responsibility;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Proficiency in written and spoken English is required;
* Prior experience living and working in Zambia and/or any other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa;
* Qualified applicants from Zambia are highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.