The anticipated five-year contract is to provide the USAID mission in Nepal with high-quality data from rigorous monitoring and evaluation projects, and to develop the capacity of USAID Nepal and its Implementing Partners to develop MEL systems to take advantage of M&E results to improve program outcomes over time.
USAID Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) can be found at https://www.usaid.gov/nepal/cdcs, and the associated development objectives for Nepal are:
Development Objective 1: More inclusive and effective governance
Development Objective 2: Inclusive and sustainable economic growth to reduce extreme poverty
Development Objective 3: Increased human capital
Development Objective 4: Post-earthquake Nepal rebuilt to be disaster resilient and well positioned for sustainable development
The project is expected to improve all USAID-supported M&E efforts in Nepal through improved planning and execution of analyses, assessments, studies, surveys, and evaluations; through improved knowledge management and learning; and through capacity building of the Mission and Implementing Partners.
Cloudburst Consulting Group seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID Nepal MEL Project. The position is full-time beginning in April 2020 and will be based in a project office to be opened in Kathmandu.
- Liaise with the USAID COR and Contracting Officer and support the Chief of Party as the principal leadership and point of contact for the project.
- Assist in overseeing and supervising the project office in Nepal, including all personnel and contractors.
- Support the organization and leadership of all planning, data collection, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, dissemination, technical assistance and knowledge management activities, ensuring best practices and quality control.
- Support and oversight of all assessments and evaluations.
- Work closely with project technical experts on design and execution of data collection, verification, and analytical steps in MEL activities.
- Ensure successful completion of all activities.
- Provide evaluation technical assistance, training, and other skills or knowledge transfer to staff and partners on design, methodology, execution, and reporting and other dissemination of results.
- Master’s degree required; preferred in relevant subject areas such as Program Evaluation, Economics, International Development or Public Policy.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, international development, and the design and implementation of MEL projects.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and providing technical assistance in areas such as performance monitoring, impact evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management.
- Strong project management, leadership, strategic planning, and organizational development skills.
- Experience in successfully presenting or otherwise communicating the content of complex country research portfolios to stakeholders.
- Experience in a management role in similar large-scale, complex MEL projects, including the use of subcontractors and the creation and management of satellite offices.
- Experience in multicultural environments and diverse teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations.
- Experience working in Nepal and/or Southeast Asian region is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled