WSP (formerly Louis Berger) is currently initiating a search for Deputy Chief of Party (Operations) for upcoming USAID national and local governance programming in Georgia. These projects will focus on technical areas such as public administration, public financial management, accountability, service delivery, and civic participation. The DCOP (Operations) will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia with periodic in-country trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage a project operations’ support system that empowers technical staff to manage their technical assistance efforts.
· Provide management support to the COP to ensure full compliance with contract requirements, USAID and WSP policies, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
· Oversee the establishment of proper field policies and procedures which allow for effective administrative functions (e.g. financial management; HR; contracts and grants management; procurement; and facilities and logistical support).
· Recruit, train, and manage the Operations, Procurement, Finance and Administrative staff, and establish systems in accordance with USG and WSP policies, rules and regulations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
· A minimum of 7 years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience.
· Experience in managing donor-funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
· Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; professional proficiency in Georgian preferred.
· Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
· Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
· Donor project experience in Georgia strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements and USG grant management preferred.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
About the Organization
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa