At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP (formerly Louis Berger) is currently initiating a search for Deputy Chief of Party (Program) for upcoming USAID national and local governance programming in Georgia. These projects will focus on technical areas such as public administration, public financial management, accountability, service delivery, and civic participation. The DCOP (Program) will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia with periodic in-country trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical oversight of Program objectives as assigned by the Chief of Party and serve as a point of contact with the Georgian government (national and municipal levels), civil society, professional associations, legal institutions, and the private sector on issues that are within the project’s Scope of Work.
- Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the project meets/exceeds expected results. Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, the private sector, and partner institutions.
- Oversee the design of innovative technical assistance packages that are customized to each target beneficiary, focusing on tangible and sustainable results for citizens.
- Work with counterpart institutions (both governmental and non-governmental) to develop sustainable capacity building mechanisms.
- Assist Chief of Party in completing reporting requirements and deliverables required by the contract such as progress reports, work plans and technical reports in a timely and thorough manner.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- An advanced degree in social sciences, international development, urban planning, public administration, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years of technical experience in governance in areas such as: public administration, public finance, planning, budgeting, service delivery, citizen engagement and public accountability.
- Ability to partner with a variety of individuals and organizations, US government officials, national/local government officials, international agencies, donor organizations, or stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in English; professional proficiency in Georgian preferred.
- Strong staff management skills, with experience mentoring local national staff.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Familiarity with USAID approaches to political economy analysis; adaptive management; and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) preferred.
- Previous experience working in Georgia on projects of similar scope and complexity (and especially those having addressed governance and accountability) highly preferred.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
About the Organization
WSP is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within WSP, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.