Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party – Programs (DCOP-P) to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. USAID/OTI’s Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
The Deputy Chief of Party-Programs (DCOP-P) will work closely with and report to the Chief of Party (COP) to provide technical oversight for ESP. The DCOP-P will oversee activity identification and development, provide technical oversight throughout activity implementation, and ensure monitoring, evaluation and learning systems contribute to ESP’s action learning approach. The role will oversee the Addis-based GMU and the program’s MEL team and processes; ensure strategic coordination across field offices, help design MEL processes, manage cluster reviews, facilitate the learning feedback loop, and ensure close alignment with ESP’s research and analysis team. Direct reports include the Program Development Officers (PDOs), and the MEL Manager in Addis but the role also supports field-based PDOs and MEL Officers. The DCOP-P will work closely with USAID/OTI to support the development of the program’s Program Performance Management processes, including Rolling Assessments, SRSs, semi-annual and bi-weekly reports, and other requests that may come from either USAID/OTI or Dexis. The DCOP-P is responsible for managing short- and long-term technical assistance (STTA), including the development of their scopes of work (SOWs) and ensuring the final reports are accurate, well-written, and meet expectations. The DCOP-P, as requested by the COP, will also represent the program before a range of audiences and in a variety of platforms, at the national, state and regional levels. The DCOP will ensure all actions and interventions adhere to USAID/OTI and Dexis technical guidance and align with global best practices, including the training of staff as required. Finally, the DCOP-P will also keep the COP regularly informed on all program matters, and assist the COP in meeting various technical, governmental, company, and USAID/OTI deliverables as requested.
This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date. It will require frequent travel to field locations.
- Working closely with PDOs, the MEL team, and operations team, oversee the development, design, implementation, and closeout of all small grant activities. This includes taking responsibility for STTA SoWs, supporting the recruitment and selection of STTA consultants, scheduling and mobilization, field implementation, and review and acceptance of work/deliverables completed;
- Ensure information-sharing within and between GMUs on programmatic lessons learned from M&E processes and third-party research;
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to support the technical oversight of the program, including supporting the development and implementation of the program’s Rolling Assessments, SRSs, bi-weekly, and semi-annual reports, and other requests that may come in from USAID/OTI and Dexis;
- When security and COVID-19 protocols allow, conduct field visits to monitor activity implementation progress, outcomes, and challenges;
- Work closely with other senior managers to ensure that the program consistently employs the values of Dexis, ensures the highest ethical standards, emphasizes the importance of communication and teamwork, promotes collaboration with other donor-funded projects and activities, adheres to USAID/OTI and Dexis technical guidance, and directly contributes to the attainment of the program’s contractual deliverables;
- Draft, edit, and make material contributions to program documents, including but not limited to provision of content to any PowerPoint presentations, reports, studies, papers, survey instruments, and other operational and MEL-related documentation as directed;
- Maintain rigorous focus on the achievement of the program’s results;
- Manage the implementation and coordination of all events, technical forums, conferences, and roundtables;
- Effectively backstop and support long- and short-term consultants;
- Represent ESP and Dexis in meetings with the private and public sector stakeholders as requested by the COP;
- Other duties as assigned on an ad hoc basis by the COP.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in international relations, development or related fields;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, including at least two (2) years of direct supervisory experience;
- 5 years of experience managing USAID programs, including MEL processes;
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing small grants focused on transitional governance, conflict, and mitigation activities;
- A combination of technical familiarity and management skills that span the subject areas covered by the program (i.e. political reform and civic engagement);
- Demonstrated experience in effectively backstopping and supporting long- and short-term consultants;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of local language(s);
- USAID and OTI project implementation experience.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.