Tetra Tech International Development Services (www.tetratechintdev.com) headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party position on an anticipated USAID funded program in Honduras. It is anticipated that the program will address the violence dynamics and associated human security challenges that are driving irregular migration in Honduras.
The position is full-time, resident in Honduras with an expected term of appointment of five years. The position is contingent upon contract award. Honduran citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Support the Chief of Party (COP) with the overall strategic planning and management of the project, including the design and execution of technical operations and program planning (work plan monitoring; work planning sessions; weekly meetings; troubleshooting and quality control);
* Ensure integration of components for primary, secondary and tertiary violence prevention, prevention of irregular migration, and advisory capacity development in coherent programmatic strategy.
Prepare and submit program reports, such as weekly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports as required by the client;
* Manage the relationship and communications with USAID, including preparation and submission of Request for Approvals, program deliverables, communications on compliance/branding/clearances, as well as financial reports and grant information;
* Oversees the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) functions of the program to optimize program management, including the integration of indicators and targets into the work plan (and vice versa); oversight of the MEL survey implementation; and, integration of MEL data in the contractual and grants instruments;
* B.A. Degree in a related field (required, Master’s preferred);
* Demonstrated experience in violence prevention programs, irregular migration, project management and administration of grant programs to achieve programmatic impact.
* At least 5 years of experience in USAID program implementation (required);
* Proven writing, analytical and problem-solving skills (required);
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (required);
* Native-level English, fluent Spanish (required);
* At least 2 years of field experience implementing USAID-funded programs in Latin America (preferred).
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/DCOPforSEA
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.