This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will help provide management, and strong technical support in the implementation of the project.
Key activities include:
Outreach, Community Engagement, and Transformational Learning: USAID YouthPower establishes presence in 60 communities nationwide, and initiate dialogue with local policy-makers on youth relate priorities and services. This is followed by learning and further education opportunities to target youth between the ages of 10-18 in schools and 19-29 in the community. Transformational Learning activities focus on promoting knowledge on problem solving, critical thinking, advocacy, gender, and social inclusion. These activities go together with practicum activities and youth-led learning clubs on subject matters.
Community Asset Mapping: a process in which youth map their communities - focusing on assets rather than needs, and analyze data to identify opportunities to strengthen local youth resources; and
Youth Innovation Fund: the youth-community engagement initiatives identified through the community asset mapping process, respond to youth needs and interests, and prepare youth to engage in their communities, with other peers effectively with a focus on social innovation, social entrepreneurship, and preparedness to enter the workforce, vocational, and higher education. All youth-led initiatives are funded by USAID YouthPower and will be designed, managed, and evaluated by youth.
USAID YouthPower will also develop online platforms to engage youth effectively in the program’s activities, create linkages, and youth resources (e.g. internships, training, education, and employment opportunities), as well as relevant research. USAID YouthPower has locations in Amman, Irbid, and Ma’an. The project duration is 2017 - 2022 (March).
* Provide technical expertise on social innovation and entrepreneurship from a positive youth development perspective, and manage embedding related terminology, implementation strategies, and good practices across the activities of the program.
* Provide technical experience in data-based approaches to social impact and multi stakeholders’ partnerships.
* Provide technical support to the Chief of Party (COP) to manage the program, technical staff and related resources to ensure that the program components are results-oriented, meeting their targets with high-quality deliverables on time and within allocated budget.
* Manage components 1 including supplemental Train the Trainers (TOT) programs, and collaborate with component 2 and component 3.
* Responsible for making sure that activities function smoothly and are well managed in the absence of the COP.
* Other tasks as assigned consistent with the above scope of work by the COP.
* A Bachelor’s degree areas related to youth development, social innovation, entrepreneurship, business and finance (advanced degree, MBA preferred).
* At least seven years of experience in social enterprise development, including management experience. Evidence of building a social enterprise, especially on US Government-funded programs preferred.
* Demonstrated business judgment, a familiarity with a wide variety of business models, both in the for-profit and non-profit sectors, and the ability to see the potential application of these models in the context of social innovation.
* Demonstrated experience working effectively with the government of Jordan ministries and entities, and national civil society organizations to facilitate the implementation of program’s activities. Understanding and experience in managing partnerships is a plus (e.g. corporate, donors, civil society, foundations, and academia).
* Experience in market-based approaches to social impact and multi-stakeholder partnerships; a self-starter, team player, creative, energetic and committed; a strong ambassador for YouthPower brand, mission and values.
* Proficiency in English, written and spoken, are required. Professional reporting skills in English and Arabic.
Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply; no expat allowances are attached to this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.