Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
ADRA International is recruiting for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated Adolescent Family Planning (FP) and Reproductive Health (RH) project. This position is a senior leadership position and will provide project operation and maintain relationship with implementing partners. He/she will be the member of decision-maker for solving problems and ensuring the success of the project. The DCOP will primarily be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (CoP) linking with USAID, the Government of Nepal and other stakeholders; negotiating project plans and managing partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the project. The DCOP will report to the CoP in ADRA and take full responsibilities in absence of the COP. Nepali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. S/he will also work with MEAL and Technical staff to ensure project deliverables are monitored and course corrections are identified and implemented as appropriate. This position is subject to USAID funding.
* Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on staff supervision and partner support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements.
* Serve as the operation lead and conduct programmatic oversight of activities in support of the project goals and objectives.
* Ensure the cost-effective use of donor resources
* Oversee sub-awards or sub-contracting operation and ensure compliance with USAID and ADRA requirements, policies and regulations
* Foster relationships with local implementing partners as a representative of ADRA.
* Facilitate the project team member’s relationship with their designated counterparts within USAID, the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), private sector partners and other key stakeholders in Nepal to ensure effective technical assistance and smooth implementation of FP/RH activities.
* Provide leadership to the project and ensure the quality and sustainability of health interventions.
* Present FP/RH progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, partners, and other key stakeholders.
* Facilitate the Detail Implementation Plan in close coordination with USAID, Department of Health Services, Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, COP, program team and all program partners.
* Responsible for accurate and timely project reports to USAID
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Advanced Degree (at least Master’s degree) in the development sector, preferably Public Health, Global Health or Public Administration
* At least 8 years of professional experience in a mid-to-senior management level
* Proven technical knowledge in public health and family planning activities in Nepal or the region.
* In-depth knowledge of USAID’s programs, regulations, compliance and (Aid tracker plus) reporting.
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, and procurement, along with other management support areas/functions.
* Direct supervisory level experience of technical and operational project staff.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
ADRA International offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
About the Organization
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA International is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such we have the right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church in the hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not found, we will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand, respect and honour the mission, purpose, and identity of ADRA International.