International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Director– Operations and Finance
Department/Location: Institutional Support- Global Health
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level and is not eligible for overtime pay
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Director– Operations and Finance for the Global Health Technical Assistance Mission Support (GH-TAMS) Task Order with the USAID/Bureau for Global Health.
IBTCI and its partner, Dexis Consulting Group, are implementing the USAID-funded Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support Project (GH-TAMS). GH-TAMS is a $70 million five-year contract designed to provide USAID operating units working on health-related activities with short- and medium-term technical services of consultants with expertise in health technical areas and program cycle activities. The activities of GH-TAMS support cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, environment, science and technology.
The Deputy Director– Operations and Finance is a member of the project’s Senior Management team and provides administrative leadership and oversight for the GH-TAMS project. The position reports to the Project Director and supervises project’s finance team.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate contractually required and ad hoc financial reports to IBTCI and USAID.
- In coordination with IBTCI Contracts, oversee prime award management; prepare requests requiring modifications in the award and USAID’s approval.
- Manage subaward actions and relations, including subaward modifications, obligations, monitoring of workshare, review and approval of monthly invoices, etc.
- In coordination with the Project Director, oversee the process of developing scopes of work (SOWs) and Cost Estimates for consultant assignments, including determining daily rates, ensuring soundness of budgeted costs, and verifying availability of funding.
- Develop and/or refine systems, tools, manuals and other resources for the successful management and operations of the project, and train finance and program staff in their use.
- Oversee recruitment of project staff; establish and maintain human resource practices.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID and IBTCI procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in international development, global operations, and project financial management of equally large and complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reports, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting.
- Experience managing USAID-funded development programs; strong understanding of USG rules and regulations and reporting requirements.
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff.
- Working proficiency in Deltek, Concur, and Microsoft 365 Office products is desirable.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in project management, strict attention to detail, ability and willingness to work within all levels of the organization.
Education: Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related certification in MBA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN, CIMA, and CFE.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is a largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is not required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.