Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
Through the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project and others, PATH is working with national malaria control programs across Africa to scale interventions to reduce malaria burden, as well as generate evidence and support planning for new strategies to accelerate toward elimination. A key area of emphasis is to improve the collection, reporting, and use of malaria surveillance data to support timely, accurate, and rationale decision-making to optimize the impact of interventions.
PATH seeks a Deputy Director for the MACEPA Project. The Deputy Director will serve as a key member of the MACEPA leadership team. They will support the day-to-day management and implementation of the MACEPA project - including advancing strategy, implementation, translation of evidence, and donor and partner communication. They will represent MACEPA at meetings and conferences with national and regional stakeholders, donors, and partner organizations.
- Develop and manage global, cross-functionally integrated project work plans, and associated implementation, monitoring and control processes
- Develop, implement, and manage systems to coordinate, track, analyze and communicate project progress on parallel activities across multiple countries
- Support and advise Project Director, and act as Project Director in their absence
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to provide regular operational oversight
- Communicate, coordinate, negotiate, and manage relationships with internal and external partners, donors, and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain regular communications with project team and stakeholders, lead routine global virtual meetings with project team and stakeholders, and facilitate decision making among stakeholders and partners
- Oversee the preparation of project reports, analyses, and presentations
- Supervise and mentor staff; oversee recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes as needed
- Represent MACEPA at meetings and conferences with donors and partner organizations
- Advanced degree in public health, science or medicine, business administration, public policy, or equivalent degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum ten years, professional program management experience with experience directly managing and coordinating staff; ideally in malaria projects.
- Experience managing multi-country, complex health related projects in low resource settings.
- Superior project leadership skills in managing global project team with demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff and partners, provide technical assistance, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Exceptional problem solving, bridge building, and diplomacy abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills with ability to interact with diverse colleagues and partners.
- Comfortable managing in a flexible and changing environment, with ability to adjust plans and direction in response to local feedback and the iterative nature of the project.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, coordinating, and collaborative skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; proficiency in French a plus.
- Demonstrated representational experience in professional and global settings
- Experience in sub Saharan Africa highly preferred.
- Ability to travel estimated at 30% of the time (when travel is allowed).
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
About the Organization
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.