Support the Medical Advisor and to speed up proposals, having reviewed and updated SOPs, log frames, budgets and so on for the sector.
Emergency health and nutrition projects target displaced, conflict affected and vulnerable populations in regions that are in crisis in DRC as well as those affected by disease outbreaks. WASH interventions in health centres and communities support the health and nutrition sector as part of our health emergency responses. Infrastructure supports humanitarian access to remote areas. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Beni, Democratic Republic of Congo. Take a look at Medair’s work in D.R. Congo.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
Direct Project Support
- Participate in harmonising and standardising budgets across bases and projects.
- Analyse, on a quarterly base, the projects’ budget burn rate to avoid under or over spending, especially on beneficiary lines; share report with Managers, Projects Coordinator, Advisor and DCDP.
- Participate in creating a Rapid Response global Framework for Medair Congo.
- Participate in creating logframes for new projects in collaboration with the Health Advisor.
- Write various Standard Operational Procedures as needed by Project Managers and Project Coordinators in collaboration with the Health Advisor.
- Participate in improving assessment tools and in creating automatic analysis tools to facilitate the writing of assessment reports.
- Perform literature reviews on some technical topics as needed by projects in collaboration with the Health Advisor.
- Coordinate some field research in collaboration with the Health Advisor.
- Perform trainings for project teams in collaboration with project managers and Health Advisor.
- Participate in internal workshops.
- Support the recruitment process of new project staff (correcting written tests, being part of recruitment interview panels).
- Represent Medair in some technical committees and clusters meetings in assigned locations.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Graduate Degree in public health or community health.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 1 year of experience managing a humanitarian health/nutrition project.
- Experience in managing and promoting staff Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient with Excel.
- Up to date on emergency health and nutrition strategies used in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Proven ability to work with people from a range of cultural, social, ethnic backgrounds and with different skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident decision maker. Committed to consultative working culture.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and to prioritise clearly. Pro-active approach.
- Excellent communication skills. Problem solver, dynamic, mature.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.